Do Thermacells Work?

6 ft that buck smelled you and thought you were a doe!!!

jan

They DO NOT work for gnats. Great for zekes, not for gnats.

quote:
Originally posted by jan

6 ft that buck smelled you and thought you were a doe!!!

jan

wow… not really sure how to take that… care to elaborate…

quote:
Originally posted by 6FT. N GLASSY
quote:
Originally posted by Bolbie

For those of you deer hunters…that old wary buck can smell a thermacell.A wise man does not need advice,a ■■■■ fool will not listen.

shot my biggest buck ever from 50 yards with a thermacell sittin in my lap with a 10 knot wind blowin right toward him only 15 feet up in a tripod… not sure im buyin that one… not sayin they cant smell it at all but it didnt seem to bother that one…

even a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut

6 ft. just trying to be funny.

jan

10-4 jan…

bolbie…something tells me we know each other. are you at tolers alot?

quote:
Originally posted by 6FT. N GLASSY

10-4 jan…

bolbie…something tells me we know each other. are you at tolers alot?

just left from down there

Yes!!!

“My fish served a whole lunchon. Your fish look like a munchkin”

196CC Tidewater 2008
Suzuki 115 2008
2007 Toyota Tundra TRD 5.7L V8

Mine did not help with the gnats but it will clear out the skeeters. My daughter and I sat in a ground blind in Awendaw last year and it was full of skeeters. Fired that thing up and five minutes later they were crawlin the burlap tryin to get out. This was a 5x8 6ft high blind. The only thing that bothered us after that was the copper head that came to visit.

Same here on the deer huntin! Heck I can get sit in my stand wearing shorts and t-shirt during Aug-Sep and not one skeeter, and shot a 125 class at 7yards with it burning. (see blind squirl comment above):smiley:

Have not found anything to keep the copperheadrattlemoccisans in check though?

Sea Gull
208 Grady White
200 Merc

“Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, he’ll sit on his boat and drink beer all day”

be careful disposing of the thermocell mats, they are very toxic to fish and aquatic life,
they are amazingly effective unless the wind is honkin, but then you dont need it,
water moc’s hate moth balls (and rat shot)

Thanks scotty I didnt realize they were so toxic (I do throw all my trash in the can). I know alot of guys use them and just throw the mat in the bottom of the boat… ill get the word out to my boys.

“My fish served a whole lunchon. Your fish look like a munchkin”

196CC Tidewater 2008
Suzuki 115 2008
2007 Toyota Tundra TRD 5.7L V8