Don't plan to hunt anymore

It’s time for me to get rid of all my hunting gear. My two broken femurs never healed well enough to be able to walk very far. I had a friend’s private land to hunt for a couple years, could drive my Polaris right up to the stand, but he passed away about a month ago and his property was sold. Any suggestions how, where, and when to list everything? I’m not sure what the rules are about listing firearms and ammo but I also have turkey decoys, several scopes, ground blinds, various deer and turkey calls, camo clothing, trail cameras, etc.

Put them in the swap shop section. People love man stuff, especially the guns and ammo.

What kind of guns?

Marlin 336 gold trigger 30-30 w/Vortex scope, Savage Axis 308 w/Bushnell scope and MCarbo trigger kit, Mossberg 500 12ga w/ 3 chokes, true glow sights, probably 100 shells including turkey loads, slugs, etc

If you facebook, facebook market place is a good way to sell stuff. Sorry about your leg.

Man I’m so sorry to hear this mdl. Keep fighting the good fight. Not required, but you could certainly go through an FFL (At least $50) if you wanted the transaction tracked. Or get a bill of sale. Again, not required, but it might make you feel better about selling a gun to a stranger. Anytime I’ve ever sold anything I’ve asked for a CWP, just because having one demonstrates some personal firearm responsibility. It made me feel better. In SC there is no law prohibiting you from selling legal firearms.

Facebook marketplace is a great place to sell hunting gear along with armslist.

How about auctions?

I had a cousin twice removed that used an auction house to sell his and was pleased.

What are you thinking on the 308?

I’ll give $5 more than EF… :speak_no_evil:

I appreciate the suggestions. I’ll research some and let you all know. THANKS

Armslist is always an option also.
I always do a bill of sale and require them to show me their driver’s license.
Buying and selling.
The other thing if I’m selling, most police stations have an area in their parking lot for people to swap their kids back and forth and for buying and selling. I’ve done that twice with the North Myrtle Beach Police station. I also call ahead of time and tell them that I am transferring a gun in their parking lot. IMO somebody shady’s not going to go to a police station to buy a weapon.