Don't take photos of that favorite spot and post

So, it appears the GOVT got the bright idea that they need to charge you for those photos you take of federal lands… What a sham. What happened to “This land is your land… this land is my land”?

This admin is crazy and corrupt as crap…

Where are you getting this craziness from?

I think you may need to elaborate.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2014/09/24/u-s-forest-service-wants-to-charge-1500-to-take-photos-on-federal-wild-lands/

Funny, the fine is only $1,000. Another government screw job. What’s next, a breathing fee?

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

The U.S. Forest Service is finalizing plans to fine photographers who shoot on federal wild lands without a permit.

Under the measure, still photography and commercial filming in Congress-designated wilderness areas would require a permit, and shoots would also have to be approved and meet certain criteria like not advertising any product or service and being educational.

Forest Service spokesman Larry Chambers said in a statement the directive has been in place for more than four years and "is a good faith effort to ensure the fullest protection of America’s wild places.

Permits would cost up to $1,500, even if someone was taking photos or video with their phone, and fines for shooting without a permit could be as high as $1,000, according to the Oregonian.

Critics have characterized the rules as too vague and say it infringes on the First Amendment?s free speech clause.

“I am very concerned about the implications this has for Americans’ First Amendment freedoms of speech and the press,” U.S. Rep. Greg Walden (R-Ore.) wrote in a letter to Forest Service Chief Thomas Tidwell. “It is also very troubling that journalists could be held to different standards at the discretion of the issuing officer depending on the content of their stories and its relevance to wilderness activity.”

Walden said he worried access might be granted “based on political calculations” and noted a majority of Oregon land is controlled by the federal government.

U.S. Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) also voiced concern for the policy.

“The Forest Service needs to rethink any policy that subjects noncommercial photographs and recordings to a burdensome permitting process for something as simple as taking a picture with a cell phone,” he told the Oregonian. “Especially where reporters and bloggers are concerned, this policy raises troubling questions about inappropriate government limits on activity clearly protected by the First Amendment.”

The Forest Service is accepting public comment on the measure until Nov. 3.

http:/

I could understand charging a company making a movie, but a private citizen taking a picture? That is just ridiculous.

Lol… guess 23Sailfish gonna have to fork over them fifteen benjies. Ain’t that some shiznit?

Grace gives us what we do not deserve… Mercy does not give us what we do deserve. -Charles Stanley

I’m speechless, without using bad words.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

I’m thinking about charging the cops a fee, when they film me on their dash-cam! Heck, I could get rich:wink: After all, it would only be fair to play by the Government rules:smiley: Just think of all the places they film people. ATM’s, toll booths, parking lots, stores! I’ve never seen a sticker on an ATM, telling you that you are having your picture taken! All you would have to do is copy right your image, then start suing people:imp:

I would think a good lawyer could make this go away. There is a reason they are called “public” lands… We already paid for them.

so now the only people paying fees to use public land will be hunters and photographers? weird.

The government must be ready to raise minimum wage. They’re finding extra ways to take our money.

The Forest Service is accepting public comment on the measure until Nov. 3.

Sounds familiar don’t it???

So, they are trying to make anyone visiting Jellystone Park pay to take pictures of Boo-Boo and Yogi standing next to Old Faithful? I don’t think they have enough Rangers Smith’s to ever enforce it. What’s next are they going to ban cell phones in the parks unless you pay the $1,500 fee[:0]

laughable

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com | www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
President, Summerville Saltwater Anglers

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

So, they are trying to make anyone visiting Jellystone Park pay to take pictures of Boo-Boo and Yogi standing next to Old Faithful? I don’t think they have enough Rangers Smith’s to ever enforce it. What’s next are they going to ban cell phones in the parks unless you pay the $1,500 fee[:0]

Maybe they will contract with the NSA to spy on your phone pics, but my guess is that if you post it somewhere on some public forum, say CF.com or Facebook, they gotcha. Gives a new meaning to lurkers.

Grace gives us what we do not deserve… Mercy does not give us what we do deserve. -Charles Stanley

…does not apply to anything but commercial photography and filming. Sensationalist reporting at its finest.

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2014/09/04/2014-21093/proposed-directive-for-commercial-filming-in-wilderness-special-uses-administration?utm_campaign=email+a+friend&utm_medium=email&utm_source=federalregister.gov#h-9

quote:
Originally posted by capntang

…does not apply to anything but commercial photography and filming. Sensationalist reporting at its finest.

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2014/09/04/2014-21093/proposed-directive-for-commercial-filming-in-wilderness-special-uses-administration?utm_campaign=email+a+friend&utm_medium=email&utm_source=federalregister.gov#h-9

How does that change the argument? These places were not paid for by Obama's personal funds. They are "public" property, paid for by the taxes of individual taxpayers and these commercial photographers (they pay taxes too). Why should they be forced to pay for something that they have already paid for?
quote:
Originally posted by capntang

All that is going to do is make a bunch of file footage show up repeatedly on tv.
I know I’ve been kinda crazy for thinking a couple of the things I have but, it’s your turn now. I’ve admitted mine. Don’t forget, the first amendment has already taken some shots at it.

Umm, you gonna eat that?

Thousands have died to save my freedom. Only one has died to save my soul!