Double Report

So we tried the cut crab trick last weekend and it worked out pretty good for us, cut mullet worked too but crab was almost cheating. Got several to the boat and lost a couple in the oysters too. Fished early but stayed out til 1 or so in the Cooper and Goose Creek high incoming water, but clear and 83°…

20220705_082244
20220703_102816

This Saturday we decided to fish only places we never fished before. After we drifted the cut while the sun came up looking for Jacks with 3 or 4 other boats we decide to go to the Wando. Immediately found good finger mullet. Picked a dock and a creek we never tried… 2 songs in and nothing. 2 songs later we go 100 yards to another good looking dock and first bait in and BAM, drag peeler for my bud! I get a good trout right to the boat and instead of bringing him onboard I do a boatside release to both of our suprises haha. Nothing for 2 songs so next dock we go. We get popped off by a good one, then i get redemption on a smaller trout and we call it a day! Got home and cleaned up by 11. Saw 87.5 in most of the Wando.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report, I hope the smaller jacks come in further up the Cooper this year.

I’ll let you know what I hear.

1 Like

Where do you get the crab being used for bait?

very nice. great report.

Usually the cut mullet will attract the crabs pretty good. While youre slowly reeling it in, go ahead and put your landing net in the water and drag him right over into it and wont spook em putting the net in too late.

Or right there on Remount, A&B seafood typically has em.

Marvin’s on Dorchester rd. has live Blue Crabs, as well. Pricey, though. Last year they were $12.00-$13.00/dozen. Last trip down, at the end of May, they were over $30.00/dozen.

Was not aware of the price increase but im not surprised… we’re in a mess right now, no doubt.

We sure are! Hey, if any of you head to Marvin’s for Crabs, be sure to get them to fry you up a quart of fresh Oysters. You can thank me later!! :slightly_smiling_face:

I mean, fuel has more than doubled. It makes sense that seafood has skyrocketed.

Thanks to your president, Joe Biden.

Oh, I meant to say that crabs were expensive because of Putin.

3 Likes

Pardon me Stump for hijacking your thread, but one quick question for Robaloboy.

My son has his first Robalo, and thinks it’s the best he has owned, including Grady, Mako, now he maybe forced to sell his 23 CC, what is your experience with Robalo briefly?