Dove Field / Club Opening

Never screw these internet keyboard tough guy trolls that only hunt and fish the topics of this site. Not out in the rivers and fields. I have been off and on it for 16 years depending on where I have lived. A bad hombre get real. Probably sits in a cubicle listening to Brittney Spears albums dreaming of Hillary and Justin Beiber all night driving a Prius and if married holding his wife’s purse that contain his B@lls. This whole topic began with a guy trying to be a good dad to his young son. Maybe that’s it Bang has daddy issues…awe yup I bet that’s it…But I will take his advise and give praise to God and use the ignore function.

Hey Tiger,are y’all really meeting up next Tuesday. I would like to see it.I will see if I can get my son to drive me over.I always had to go bail him out for fighting with the sailors on Reynolds and Spruill. He worked at the Navy Yard with a rough bunch

sman that is code like can’t understand normal thinking…

What’s the matter, you mad bro?

And I thought I was unimpressed before. Your threats are even more laughable. That reminds me, you say I’m the, how’d you put it…“internet keyboard tough guy troll” yet you’re the only one being “tough” on the Internet and making threats. I see how you work now. Too bad you don’t. You really do keep putting your foot (or keyboard, as the case may be) in your mouth. Thanks for the laugh.

God bless the “ignore” function.

Ya know what, Tigershrk21…I apologize. Reading back over this thread, I believe both of us got a little carried away. I took out my bad day on you and for that, I apologize. I’m not asking for your forgiveness. I’m just letting you know I’m sorry for getting you all riled up and for derailing this thread. If you still feel the same, we can arrange a meet and greet and discuss our differences. I have absolutely no problem with that.

TripleTail, I’m sorry for derailing your thread. I hope you’re able to find a dove hunting spot for you and your boy. I don’t personally have a spot of my own or I’d invite you and your boy over. I have a son about to turn 5 and he’s chomping at the bit to get into the woods and the dove field so I appreciate what you’re trying to do. My son gets mad when we go to the hunt club to work on stands or check cameras because he wants to sit in the stand and “hunt deers.” LOL!!! Again, I’m sorry for hijacking your thread.

Asking for forgiveness is between you and your God. Nice to see you step up and realize the true nature of this post. A Dad looking to spend time with his son enjoying what God and Uncle Sam have afforded us. I simply just didn’t appreciate seeing you bagging on someone for no reason. Past is the past.

No worries man. Your little boy sounds the same as mine. All he wants to do is to go “hunt deers with daddy”. He loves being outside and in the woods. Last deer season was his first time going with me. I set up an old tower blind stand as a box blind overlooking our powerline (usually don’t see deer there in the evenings) just so he had a place to go with me. I put a battery operated fan in there, brought along some Cheetos, some caprisuns, his water, headphones (in case we had a shooter come out) and his little folding chair as well as my phone for some games if he got restless. He loved every minute of it from meeting Papa at the property, putting on his boots, walking to the stand, getting set up and walking back to the truck. It was his first time hunting with me and not even 20 mins after getting set up in the blind we had 3 deer come out to the feeder and he was so excited. He kept putting on his headphones asking me “are you going to shoot them daddy” with a big smile on his face. I told him that they were too young and we were just going to watch them. He is my little lucky charm.

Sails Pitch
196 CC Sea Pro
150HP Yamaha
“Get Hooked On The Sails Pitch”

HaHa!!! Awesome stuff! Gotta get me a pair of them blue boots!!!

My lip-rippin’ steely-eyed killer…

I know right, blue boots are the new age rabbits foot. A couple days before we went my wife was heading to the store so I asked if she would pick him up some rubber boots and this is what she came back with.

Sails Pitch
196 CC Sea Pro
150HP Yamaha

quote:
Originally posted by TripleTail

I know right, blue boots are the new age rabbits foot. A couple days before we went my wife was heading to the store so I asked if she would pick him up some rubber boots and this is what she came back with.

Sails Pitch
196 CC Sea Pro
150HP Yamaha

HAHAHAHA!!! Leave it to mom! Hey, whatever works.

but pretty sure you are use to a close up view of your PROSTATE how you act on this site.

Do you even know where your prostate is? Ask your doctor to show you … [:0]

quote:
Originally posted by Reelly Old

but pretty sure you are use to a close up view of your PROSTATE how you act on this site.

Do you even know where your prostate is? Ask your doctor to show you … [:0]

STOP!!! You’re making my pee hole hurt!!!

I appreciate the effort and money that SCDNR puts into their dove fields. I have been to quite a few of them, and they are as good as any fields that I have hunted, in clubs or on private land. Sometimes better.
Dove hunting is a wonderful sport, it’s my favorite. Unfortunately because of prep costs, and development $$$, many dove clubs have gone the way of the DoDo bird. It’s not going to get any better, and it certainly will get worse. That puts a lot of pressure on the public fields. Pressure=stress=problems. It’s also true that because of the loss of dove clubs over the years many hunters are not indoctrinated into the Southern Gentleman sporting etiquette, and rules. Ignorance of this heritage, and lack of respect for the fellowship of the hunt has lead to me abstaining from hunting public fields.
I’m fortunate. I have a current dove club, and it never is looking for new members. I can tell you though that whereas I used to have club’s within an hour of Mt. Pleasant, one was 5 minutes from my house…it’s now I’on subdivision… every single one of them went away over the years. I now travel 2 hours to my club, and thankful to have it. Thank goodness the land owner is a young man, and not likely to die soon, and have the farm carved up by the family(lost 2 great clubs that way). What I worry about is the price of cotton, tobacco, soy beans, and peanuts. That young farmer has 3 kids, and he has college and weddings not too far down the road. Ever try to hunt doves in a cotton field? How about tobacco? Soybeans? I have…it sucks. These fields used to be nothing but corn, sunflower, millet, and sorghum. That’s been changing a little bit more every year, but what are you going to do? It’s his land, he doesn’t “need” us, but we all know that without those fields we’re 15 more guys looking for a place to shoot doves.
“Nothing permanent but change”