Drag chain

I see this system used in rivers, lakes, ect… but have not seen any mention using one at the coast.
I would think it would help with slowing down your drift & drifting straight since my kayak doe snot track well.
Do any of you guys use a drag chain in the strong current & is it safe?

I have never used a drag chain. I have a folding grapnel anchor and I have closed the grapnel hooks and used it in the same fashion you would a chain. It worked pretty well. I usually just end up anchoring in a spot and fish an area for about 15 minutes, no bites and I move on to the next spot. The hardest part with drifting is tracking in a direction I want to go.

Good luck put there!!!

Thanks for the help. I also use the same kind of anchor as you in local lakes & ponds. I might test it out using it to slow my drift when I am fishing in stronger current.

I split my time between upstate rivers and inshore. I love my chain in the rivers but not in the salt. When the tide is rolling it doesn’t really do anything. I think you’re better off with the grapnel anchor and an anchor pin on an anchor trolley.

Fish is a 4-letter word…

In the salt I have been just using an Anchor pin or pulling up to a bank. I have not used my grapnel anchor in the salt yet but will try it next time.
I was mainly wanting to use the drag chain to try & slow me down & keep the nose pointed down current in the salt, not stop me completely.