Drive on boat dock

Hard for me at 82 to get in the boat on the lift.Thinking about a floating drive on dock fore the 22 Sea Hunt.Anyone have one? Any ideas??

Joe first off good on you for still getting out there at 82. I sure hope that I’m able to do the same when I hit my 80s. I have a jet dock for my 18-Hewes and love it. Mine Is manufactured by Carolina Waterworks who’s home office is in Goosecreek. Their plant is pretty close to the intersection of Red Bank in North Rhett. Mine is the retreat 2 which would be too small for your boat but they have multiple other options for larger vessels. The only complaint I have about mine is because I have a short shaft motor on my flats boat I cannot back the boat off the dock, I have to use an electric winch to actually pull it off. This would not be an issue for you since you have a standard shaft motor on your center console. Putting the boat back on is extremely simple, literally I just power it right up on top of the dock.
These guys of been in the business for a long time and are very easy to work with from what I have experienced as well as some of my friends. Sometimes they will sell factory direct other times they work through their local installers. I would reach out to them and ask them about options. From there I’m sure they could put you in direct contact with one of their installers for turnkey. I hope this helps and keep giving those fish a sore mouth.

many of the drive on lifts from Carolina Water Works are " air assist" they are excellent products but not suitable if it will EVER sit on the bottom at low tide.
I know you lives on Logbridge creek and many of those docks have water issues at low tide.
If that is the case- I would recommend dock blocks.
Adding a drive on lift has to be permitted unless you remove your old lift and put it in it’s place.
You will not like the price of any of this.

Best cost to value ratio for you would be to get it bottom painted and just tie it to your floater. Any time it floats you are ready to go.

You can drive it down to Ross marine or to Rockville and leave it for a week and it will be done.

Checking all options.May work the lift lines so the boat is higher up and almost level.It is tilted now to allow rain water to drain out.The steep angle the boat sits on the lift i think is the problem.Will find some smart guys and figure out a safe way for me to get in and out.Deck was wet and i just about did the splits.Had to grab the front bow seat and hang on.Think it is better for me to work with what i already have.

Stonoman

joe,
I constructed a fold down gang plank for me to get from the dock to the boat on the lift. I built a frame out of 2x4’s, laid some 5/6x6 deck planks on top, put galvanized hinges on it with a safety chain attached. The gang plans is lowered down and rests on the gunwales of the boat when in use and I can walk from the pier head onto the boat without any problems. When it’s not in use, it’s held in an upright position with a gate latch.