Driveway uneven due to roots

My driveway has two sections in the middle third of the drivieway that are a couple inches higher than the front/back third thanks to some roots. Is it possible to “lift” the two affected sections, remove roots and reset the concrete? Or is the only option replace the two affected sections with new concrete (after root removal)? Does anyone on here do this stuff? I live in Summerville.
Thanks guys.

It’s possible. Probably not cheap at all, but for sure possible.
Lifting Sunken Concrete Driveway Pads (youtube.com)

1 Like

Without pics. Your best, and most cost effective, fix would be to cut out the raised areas, remove the roots, and re-pour the concrete.

Most any reputable Concrete Contractor should be able to handle the whole project.

Just be sure to get a “hard” estimate up front!

1 Like

Another possible option might be to have the low spots raised up to match the high spots. Either way, be sure to cut the roots or you’ll keep having problems.

With my utmost respect, and, not to come off as a smart ass, but, the integrity of the concrete, at the higher spots, has already been breeched.

To ensure a proper pour, you’d have to add a minimum of 4 inches, over the top of the current high portions. Then bring the rest of the driveway up to grade.

It would, probably, be cheaper to remove all of the existing driveway, and, just do a new pour, rather than that approach.

How’s the Striper bite been for ya’ Spoonmaster?

Nice to see ya’ back posting!!

My bank fishing for stripers ended because of the heavy rains we’ve been having. Once “my water” gets muddy the bite gets tough.
We’re still sporadically catching some decent fish but nothing fantastic like it was before the water got muddy.
A couple of months ago we caught and released well over 30 keepers during a tournament. That day we caught keepers on free lines, planer boards, weighted planer boards, spoons and down rods.

Cool!

Thanks for your reply!!

I’ve spent most of this Fall, and Winter, getting caught up on some, long missed, bird hunting.

Can’t wait to get back offshore, though!

I have a friend ,who swears he can jig 'em up on a spoon, in as little as five feet of muddy/stained water?

Mostly on the way back of 6’n 20, on Hartwell. Near Browns Creek/Clemson Beach area.

Me…Not so much!

Can wear 'em out on planer boards, just never mastered the spoon touch.

Anyway, again, nice to see you posting again.

Don’t be a stranger, and keep us informed on your adventures!!

Nutz