Ductless AC systems

School me!

2400sq ft, 3.5 ton cools all but one 25x25 den and kitchen probably 12x20 which was cooled by seperate 2.5 ton unit which is dead. Split unit under house low crawl space PIA and need new dustwork anywho.
Is this a good candidate for a ductless system?
pros?
cons?

thanks

I’m a big fan of the ductless systems. We have installed several of these at our hotel over the past several years. Some systems can operate up to 5 evaporators with each having it’s own tstat. Very good zone control. In my experience I would stay away from Samsung. We have had very good service out of the mitsubishi units. The difficulty with install is the running of the refrigerant piping to each evaporator and each will need its own condensate drain.

My son has had a ductless system in his house for several years. I think it is a Mitsubishi system. The house sits on a slab and has no attic, so the ductless was a no brainer. They had to run the lines at the top of the outside walls. Seems to work well.

spec

1980 Skandia 21 w/ '93 JohnRude 150 gas drinker

They are all over the resorts in central america.

Should save $$, because you can choose to heat/cool only the rooms you are using at the time. Also, no cooling/heating loss to ductwork leaks.

spec

1980 Skandia 21 w/ '93 JohnRude 150 gas drinker

thanks for the input guys!