Dumb???

I’ve rode a bike and been on the water most of my life. Why does everybody think it’s necessary to wave when you pass someone in a boat? And the same with a motorcycle.
I alway return the wave but never initiate it.
Most of these people if they met me in the Walmart parking lot would not give me the time of day. Dumb stuff pops in my head from time to time and this just happens to be the one this afternoon.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

I agree.

https://boatplanet.com/the-captains-blog/why-do-boaters-wave-at-each-other

RBF

My experience with that is that everyone that has a bike likes to acknowledge the others that have one. As for boaters, I guess it’s a habit and a good gesture.
Out here in Walterboro, just about everyone waves at each other on the road.
My grandparents did it all the time when I was growing up, so I do it as well.

Double D.

I’m with ya Double D. I wave and most everyone too. I remember missing waving at a friend and he ran me down and wanted to know why I was mad at him. I honestly did not see him. Dad Always told me it was the simple acts of friendliness in life that mean so much. Never able Leave him and not shake his hand. Keeping that herd immunity up.

You can go up North if you don’t like people waving at ya. I got some really mean looks when waving to a lot of people up North.

Nothing dumb about boaters acknowledging each other…kind of nice and respectful. An indication that you know we are all out on the water and if you need any help, I’ll be there. And it doesn’t hurt anyone or anything. Nice gesture! :+1:

Nothing wrong with a little civility.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

It is a simple courtesy. Like many other simple courtesies, it serves an important function, in that each captain gets an explicit signal from the other that they see and are aware of each other. On a road without lanes, such awareness is important.

--------------------------- 17' Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl 26' Palmer Scott project hull 14' Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

Should’ve waved…

https://www.yahoo.com/news/caught-camera-driver-speeds-down-221900785.html

RBF

Man that would suck!!

I kind of miss wrote the caption to this post. I think everyone kind of taking this the wrong because of the way I wrote it.

Should have been. dumb question?. As asking a dumb question. But I see that it looks like I’m saying is waving dumb?

I saw it, and thought about you being a rider… Your choice to ride, but no way I am getting on a bike with cars… I’ll ride them in the woods, farms, etc.

Be safe out there!

RBF

He never asked about whether to ride or not. He asked about waving, but by all means, make it about you.

Disorder.

Never asked about your opinion, but by all means make it about you…

Over/under spread starts tomorrow… Disorder is useless…

RBF

Not to keen on waving?
Move to Northern America.
They don’t wave but do have another
way of expressing themselves which involves the
use of only one finger.

16' Alumacraft Mod V Hull Jon Boat 25hp Yammy 4 stroke

Good words, agree with you