Dunn sound

What is the best place to launch a kayak to access Dunn Sound? I usually put in at Cherry Grove and fish the waters there but never tried to get over to Dunn Sound from there. Looking at Goggle earth it looks like there is a small landing almost at the end of the ICW that would be a fairly short paddle to come in from the north. Anyone used that landing with success? Can’t tell if it’s private neighborhood landing or public.

mbflyfisher…to my knowledge there is not a public launch in the Dunn sound area. I do know that there is a launch off of Dunn sound Creek, I have seen it many times but I think is is privately owned. Some of that area is owned by someone that offers horseback tours, Inlte Point Plantation. There is another home that is available for rent…I have personally stayed there. Try to find out who owns them and contact the owner, they might just give you permission to launch from their property.

Oh yes that is private property. It’s been many years. but I used to take the boat from Cherry Grove back into the sound. I would look at my Google Map and I believe you can still make it in a kayak.

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I just saw that landing and dock almost before you get to calabash creek and millet creek and thought it was a shorter access. Me, the wife, and my 9 year old are going to launch from cherry grove and try to make it that way to fish. Can you get past the land bridge that goes to Waites island?

The last hundred yards or so before you get to the bridge maybe a little skinny. Fish the bank along the edge of the road & and the grass itis fairly productive for Reds along there. Fish around the pilings and the rocks and you should be able to pick up some black drumthere. on the way in from Cherry Grove when you get up by the woods you see a path. Soon as you make that corner there is a Deep hole. You might pick up a flounder in there

Thank you so much for all the info. Much appreciated. I will definitely let you know how we do. Headed out early Saturday morning.