E-15

I hope this is not true, but the way the EPA works, it probably is… They are going to increase ethenol in gas to 15%…

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/06/347442-the-epa-is-forcing-more-ethanol-into-gas-tanks-across-the-country-heres-how-it-will-affect-you/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Owned&utm_term=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Politics

“Kleenex, The Official Sponsor of Fishb8”

Don’t think they will get away with it as all automobiles can’t handle it unless they are flex fuel.

Actually heard after numerous lawsuits things could go back to straight gas??? One can hope.

We should toss them all out. I’m sure the agricultural interests are at the heart of this horse schhit.

quote:
Originally posted by Redstripe

We should toss them all out. I’m sure the agricultural interests are at the heart of this horse schhit.

Somebody’s Brother-In-Law is a corn farmer and is doing pretty good right now!!

Got the wife a new fusion, it gets 3 mpg less on E85.

On my old 92 F150 I get 2 mpg better using ethanol free over E10. I’d love to know how much money has been spent of fuel system repairs from leaving blended fuel in them for pro-longed periods.

Let’s put all the corn back into feed and get Beef prices back down! Dad got $4.80 a pound for a 265lb steer last week. Said some were in the $5.00 range. Unbelievable!

Ethanol actually cleans fuel injectors. It just eats some of the rubber lines on older cars. Most cars have steel fuel lines so it really isn’t a problem unless fuel sits in the rubber line for prolong periods.

I had an old Tuned Port chevy that I had some custom fuel injection work on, and the the place that does ultra sonic cleaning of injectors told me to just run some E-10 fuel through the system every now and then to clean them.

E-85 does get worse mileage, but it is usually a heck of a lot cheaper than gas. I think I was in Florida and e-85 was like $1.10 a gallon cheaper one day. Might overcome that 3 mpg drop.

I agree, I wish they would just go back to straight gas altogether.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

Don’t think they will get away with it as all automobiles can’t handle it unless they are flex fuel.

Actually heard after numerous lawsuits things could go back to straight gas??? </font id=“red”> One can hope.

That would be awesome and definately make things a little easier on us common folks.