Early Produce

Anyone else have their gardens shooting up? Peach tree is covered in small fruit, lime tree is budding, asparagus shot up…I’ve never seen stuff going off so early. Just didn’t wanna lose anything if we ever get that before spring cold snap.

Gonna be a lonnnnnng growing season. Fingers crossed we are past the freeze as I am in the same boat.

quote:
Originally posted by Juice15

Anyone else have their gardens shooting up? Peach tree is covered in small fruit, lime tree is budding, asparagus shot up…I’ve never seen stuff going off so early. Just didn’t wanna lose anything if we ever get that before spring cold snap.

I will need your address and I’ll gladly come by and inspect said fruits and vegetables for quality. :smiley:

No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how far you fall…you are never out of the fight.

I hate to think it, but I’d bet a nickle we still have a few cold snaps ahead. Blue Berries Flowering, Dad’s got potatoes up 8" and just planted his corn, I’ve got Kale, Collards, Cabbage, Carrots doing good and just bought some onion bulbs to plant. A hard frost will mess things up this year for sure. Dad always told me Farming is the biggest gamble a man can take.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Glad I’m not the only one hoping for the best. Stick, come on down this weekend. I’ll give you a good 'ol sampling.

quote:
Originally posted by Juice15

Glad I’m not the only one hoping for the best. Stick, come on down this weekend. I’ll give you a good 'ol sampling.

I don’t really know how to take that…but I’m in!

No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how far you fall…you are never out of the fight.

Wish you the best! My asperagas is sticking it heads out of the ground, and all my fruit tress are starting to flower. but here in the upstate I bet we will get at least one more frost!