East Coast Canoe and Kayak Festival

http://www.ccprc.com/index.asp?nid=472

Just a reminder that the East Coast Canoe and Kayak Festival is this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at James Island County Park. Boat reps will be doing demos from Wilderness Systems, Native, Hobie, Perception, Old Town, Ocean Kayak, Flatstalker and many other manufacturers. This is a great opportunity to try out as many boats as possible before making a purchase.

Wlderness Systems and Native will also have fishing team members on hand with their boats. Great people to pick up some ideas and tricks from!

Stop by and say hi!

DD

(This is not SPAM)

Go Buckeyes!!! No, Seriously, GO!!!

Dave,
You have already been warned about spamming up this site. Haven’t you learned your lesson? C’mon, advertising for some huge capitalistic, greedy,money-making corporation like the Charleston County Parks and Recreation Department. Have you no shame???:smiley:

$15 to go to a kayak retail expo and check out boats? I see no need for it to be that expensive since I’m sure the retailers are getting charged big just to set up. That whole event stinks like a giant cash cow for an already well funded park system. But I’m sure JICP would tell you otherwise. I would go if it were more like $5. Hell, the boat show is only 10$! If the goal of the vendors is to sell boats, I think ideally they would try to encourage as much turnout as possible, and consider making it uhh…free! what a friggin concept.

I was actually just joking with Dave on my previous post. I thought it was obvious, but after reading Palmettobum’s post, I just wanted to make that clear. I personally have no problem paying $15 to go check out all kinds of cool kayaks and canoes and related gear. It’s the only time I can see all the boats and gear in person and talk with people about the pros and cons of different boats. It’s also pretty cool to talk with the guys from the WS fishing team. $15 to spend all day checking out all kinds of things related to a hobby and sport that I really enjoy seems fair to me. I have been the past couple years and thoroughly enjoyed it. That’s just my opinion, but I respect other’s right to feel differently. Thanks for the reminder DolphinD!

Just to clarify, it only cost $1 (ONE DOLLAR) to get into the park and check out the event.</font id=“size5”></font id=“red”> The $15 price is for a “Sampler Registration” which gets you access to classes and the on water demos. Mainly, the parks want a liabilty waiver signed by all who get on the water, and that is how they manage it.

DD

Go Buckeyes!!! No, Seriously, GO!!!

You tell 'em brother! :smiley: Are you gonna be there Saturday Dave? I planned on bringin my daughters along to check out some boats… My pelican is the right size for them but my middle daughter is having a little trouble wiht it… I think the paddle may be too long/heavy for her… I wanted to have her try out a few different boats… is there an age limit on being able to try out boats? They are 15, 14 and 10… Thanks buddy…

He took the jugbelly clouser like an anemic sea trout on crack…

First off let me start out with, Hello to all. Second I want to thank you dave for all your help with the adventure rental. I had a blast!!! I ended up catching a 16" and 22" trout, a 19" red, and a hand sized flounder out @ bulls bay. (All released) The drive system was as amazing tool, freeing up my hands for fishing, and i can not wait to purchase my own. I will see you Saturday at the festival and thanks again.

Dave,
Not to encourage any spamming, but is timeout running any specials at the show? I may be interested in picking up another yak at a good price.

Do you have any free tickets for cracker? $1 is kinda steep.

He took the bait like a jugbelly redfish on an olive and white clouser.

Fritz… I’ll leave a ticket at will call for ya :wink: It’s the least I can do for a hard workin guide! :smiley:

He took the jugbelly clouser like an anemic sea trout on crack…