Easy, this is for you...

Too bad that whoever did it couldn’t spell Vietnam.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Thanks Larry, but there isn’t any picture?

Something must be wrong with your computer Easy, It’s a bunch of hot babes in bikinis:smiley:

My Puter ain’t working either:frowning_face:

George McDonald ; Board Member ; MAD Charleston
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

No pic for me.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

That’s weird, it works for me. I’ll try again. This should work.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Man, did you guys get suckered in! Well played Runbabyrun:smiley: You other dirty old guys, shouldn’t be reading my mail anyway:face_with_head_bandage:All that had to be done was mention hot babes and there you were, with your letter openers out and cutting! LMFAO On an off note, that was a hell of a feeling, when the birds flew away and left you out there! Things got real quite real quick and you just prayed it stayed that way! Walking toward a tree line still has an edge to it!

quote:
that was a hell of a feeling, when the birds flew away and left you out there! Things got real quite real quick and you just prayed it stayed that way! Walking toward a tree line still has an edge to it

I found that somewhat better than running for the birds out of a hot treeline. Quiet is good. When they drop you off, you ain’t sure what you’re getting into, but when you have to run like hell for the birds, you know what you’re into :face_with_head_bandage: [:0]

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Larry, door gunners had a very short life expectancy in a hot LZ! We still envied them! We could get out of the Infantry and be a door gunner, if we extended our tour 6 months! Some of those idiots did it![:0]

Boobie trap. :smiley:

It caught a couple of good ones:smiley:

My Dad did 2 tours though he was a bit luckier than you ground pounders. He was usually flying over y’all. Thanks for what you did. I hope we never have to send our young men and women into anything like that ever again. I’m not sure the next generation will have the intestinal fortitude to do the same.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

What DF said, thank you

I would like to say, my pleasure, but it was anything but! It was either go or run to Canada! I chose to go and am glad I did. The ones that ran, have to live knowing the better men carried their weight! Don’t know how they can ever be proud of themselves again!

quote:
My Dad did 2 tours though he was a bit luckier than you ground pounders. He was usually flying over y'all. Thanks for what you did.

Thanks for what he did! Without those sky guys giving close air support, I’d be dead 3 times over. He might have even called my smoke.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

What do you say Larry? That line from the movie Apocalypse Now, (I love the smell of Napalm in the morning) meant you lived through the night!:wink:

Yep, those were some long nights!

I fixed the first picture for you :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Easy I was sort of one of those idiots . I was trying to extend for 6 months so I could get out when I hit the states . That was when if you had 6 months or less then you got out . I dont think the company clerk
ever put the paperwork in . The acting 1st Sgt wanted me to stay in the bush . You know what my answer was .:smiley:

Bill

I DONT HAVE A BOAT
BUT LOVE TO FISH> HINT

APOB. I gave it some thought! I had to extend 3 months for the early out! They said that I had to stay out and they would even promote me to SSG E/6! I went home on my DEROS date and never regretted it! I’ve thought about that promotion over the years and am glad I turned it down! As an E/6 they would have given me a platoon and put me in a line company! I liked Recon! You can’t tell me, that someone with 1 year in, could be anything like a good Platoon Sgt! Just not enough experience!