Eating fish offshore

So I was down on a charter in the gulf. Apparently there is a law/rule whatever that states if you are on the water over 8 hours you can keep and eat 1lb more than your limit of filets. Do we have this same rule on the Atlantic. .??

Let me add that you must eat the fish while offshore fishing.

Don’t ask don’t tell

the fish are suposed to counted against your limit…yeah right, kind of like using B-liners for bait. More of a don’t ask don’t tell

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Yeah right! Who would even know, unless the fuzz was tied up to you watching you?

Well if anyone knows the don’t ask thing its me. If you are running a charter I suppose some law abiding Larry could rat you out. This guy made us lunch out of a few extra red snapper that were over our limit and said it was a law each angler could legally consume one pound every 8 hours that didn’t count towards your limit. I just thought it interesting. And ya…nothing taste better than bsb tacos on a nice sunny day in May…:).

quote:
So I was down on a charter in the gulf. Apparently there is a law/rule whatever that states if you are on the water over 8 hours you can keep and eat 1lb more than your limit of filets.

I think the boat captain probably made that rule :wink:

quote:
I suppose some law abiding Larry could rat you out.

Not me!! Pass the soy and wasabi :smiley: We usually take the first decent fish and start a batch of ceviche, let it marinate in the cooler for an hour or 2 and eat it all day. Add to it along the way if necessary. Beeliner, porgy and blackfish ceviche is great. Of course we always count those fish against our limit :wink:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats
Small craft surveying and repair

I’ve removed the live-well and installed a built-in deep fat fryer in it’s place.

Sea Hunt 207CC,Yam 150
www.abfishcharters.com

quote:
Originally posted by Beaufort Boy

I’ve removed the live-well and installed a built-in deep fat fryer in it’s place.

Sea Hunt 207CC,Yam 150
www.abfishcharters.com

:smiley::smiley::smiley: I would actually give up Reid’s fried chicken for that.

I printed out the Recipe for ceviche that Sell’s posted and I will try it in a couple of months.

On that note, what fish are NOT recomended for ceviche?

quote:

On that note, what fish are NOT recomended for ceviche?

The tail section of an Amberjack.:smiley:

Set the trap boys, we going to pass through them again!!

The front end of a mola.

www.baturinphotography.com