EDC flashlight

I’m looking at upgrading from the Fenix ld12 to either a Fenix pd35 or Nitecore p12. Both are comparable and can use a rechargeable Li-ion battery. Does anyone have experience with both or carry one? If so does the light give off that slightly purple hue? I know the Fenix is supposed to step down the beam intensity as the battery wears out to prevent a sudden light shut off, does the Nitecore do the same?

Does anybody even carry a flashlight on them? If you are a CWP holder and regularly carry a firearm you might want to think about it, especially if you ever need to challenge a threat after dark. They come in handy quite often for other things too.

I tend to lose them too much, so I bought a half dozen streamlight protac 1AA led lights when they were really cheap one holiday, like $15 or so. They’re light, batteries are plentiful, and best of all they’re cheap.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

The fenix isn’t bad price wise (nitecore is even easier on the finances) but I found my lights are like sunglasses. I tend to keep better track of the nicer ones. Although I do still have a Surefire 6p unaccounted for but I made it over a decade on that one before losing it.

I have the small Fenix and an ARCII. I also carry a Surefire L2. I don’t have experience with the other Fenix, but was happy with the one I had. I used to hang out a lot at candlepowerforums.com but haven’t been there in years. It can be addictive, and expensive.

300 lumens and the size of a keyless entry remote. http://www.surefire.com/sidekick-a.html

'14 Key West 203FS w/ Yamaha F150
‘99 145 Sportfish w/ Johnson 40
"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat; I’m goin’ out to sea." (Jimmy Buffett covering Lovett)

That surefire is an interesting light and they’re claiming over an hour at 300 lumens.

quote:
Originally posted by localangler

That surefire is an interesting light and they’re claiming over an hour at 300 lumens.

It’s gonna be my birthday present to myself come May. :smiley:

'14 Key West 203FS w/ Yamaha F150
‘99 145 Sportfish w/ Johnson 40
"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat; I’m goin’ out to sea." (Jimmy Buffett covering Lovett)

If you don’t mind let us know how it does after you get it.