Edisto River...

Fished this morning until 12:30. Plenty of small Bass with the biggest at 4 lbs, caught on top water.

Caught Redbreast, Bream and a few Shell crackers and Crappie on spinners.

She tied on a white spinner bait, and said after she catches 1 Mudfish she was ready to go home. Took her at 20 minutes to get one. She loves fighting those things…:smiley:

Welll doggies,that’s alright.

You need to try one fried up! Or put in a “cat” fish stew.

Nice Pic!

A friend of mine ate the small ones fired. I tried to fillet one once to cut it up for Catfish bait. Meat was very soft and mushy, kind of like lard mixed with cotton…:dizzy_face:

quote:
Originally posted by stlhunr

A friend of mine ate the small ones fired. I tried to fillet one once to cut it up for Catfish bait. Meat was very soft and mushy, kind of like lard mixed with cotton…:dizzy_face:

LOL:smiley:. If you fillet off skin you have to be very careful and do not place in a bowl of water. It will go all to mush like you said. Instead of filleting off skin I’ll pull off skin like a catfish. lightly rinse and pat dry flour and fry or use for a stew.

Growing up we always scaled leaving skin on to hold it together. I’ve heard people talk about bleeding first and I’ve tried that. Doesn’t make a difference imo.

I’ve found that letting it cool just a little after frying , meat firms up. Very mild taste. I think it’s just the aggravation and name that keeps peoples way from em. That said I won’t eat one unless it has come out of running water.