edisto sharks teeth

I know this would probably be better as a PM just to gotchacovered but I was curious if anyone thought it would be possible to freedive for sharks teeth (just mask and fins, dive down and look for a couple seconds and come back up, repeat…)

I am not experienced enough nor do I have the gear to scuba dive so curious if maybe free diving or snorkeling would work in finding some?

While it would certainly be possible to hunt for some, I seriously doubt you would find any unless you are a very good free diver. Most of them are found about 30-40 feet down and visibility is about zero. It’s touch and feel, takes some hunting.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

There are some areas in the upper edisto that you could free dive and fill a bucket(strainer) with debris and rope it up. Catch it when the water level is low and find a limestone ledge with a deep washout. I did a little when I was in high school after watching a diver bring up some cool stuff. Arrow heads, coins , civil war stuff, shark teeth , mammoth teeth , and various vertebra. Currents so strong and the good spots are so deep, it’s hard to do much good with out diving gear.

< Evil is simply the absence of God >