Edisto Trip/Combahee Banks

Were down in Edisto second week of October and shrimped a few times. Went to Combahee banks during the day each time. Shrimp were bigger this year than past 2-3 years, but we never crushed it. Probably a 1/2, a 1/3 and only covered the bottom of cooler on last trip. Gotta blame it on something so I’ll say the King tides and winds. Took my twin 4 year old boys on their first shrimping trip and they had a blast playing with all the bait fish and the few shrimp we caught, plus they got to see an eel. Thank god for Bennett’s Point we got to fill our coolers! Other than that we caught all the crabs you could want and did terrible fishing, but was a beautiful week of weather and family. Going to Bulls Bay this weekend and hopefully do a little better.

3 Likes

How was the wind/wave action out there when y’all went?

1 Like

It was really windy the first 2 days we went, but the waves really weren’t bad. I remember it being sporty on the ride home up the S. Edisto but the waves didn’t have time to build up at Combahee banks. Low tide might’ve helped with that too. Third trip late in the week it was flat calm with no wind and the no-see-ums were relentless.

1 Like

Thanks Porkchop. I was curious. The gnats can be awful with no wind. Glad that the waves weren’t too bad for most of the trip.