Had a great week at Edisto with family. Had place on a marsh creek with a dock. It went pretty much dry at low but, still worked out great for fishing & launching kayaks. Caught a few bigger reds up in the grass at high with shrimp on jigheads & bone colored flukes. it’s so much fun to be pulled round in a kayak & fight a 24" fish in a foot of water… Also caught at least have a dozen small reds around a feeder creek. Had one rod pulled in off the dock but, was lucky enough to find it at low lol. Then had what I think is called a cow-nosed ray completely spool me, it literally skimmed the top of the water when it took off.
I learned the last couple of days there, that it’s the fall mullet run along the beach. So, I decided to go out at sunrise & fish off the jetties with my trusted pink skitterwalk. I had a blast. I was lucky enough to have a couple schools of Jacks busting bait within reach. They fight so hard for their size! Then got into a bunch of big trout along the jetty itself as the tide came in. We eloped to the virgin islands in June & had a celebration of closest friends and family at the beach house. We decided to make it a tradition, already looking forward to next year & definitely bringing the boat.
Wow that looks like a great week! congrats!
1 Like











