Edisto Vacay

Had a long overdue vacation at Edisto Beach (my old stomping grounds) in August. Most of my mornings were spent leaving the marina before dawn and back at the house by 930am for breakfast. That’s pretty much heaven for me. Based on past year’s experience, I’d rate the redfish abundance at a 5 out of 10 and speckled trout at 8 out of 10. Bob Sanders (RIP) would have been in his heydey with all the nice trout around. I didn’t manage any Release Over 20’s but came close, and couldn’t get a hook in a few that seemed much bigger. Love that place and can’t wait to go back. I think we will start making it an annual vacation that I can look forward to every year. Had a great time fishing with Capt. Jim Hudson and his cousin Capt Justin Ravenel. Proud to call Justin a new friend. Ended the trip with my first cousins coming down for a few days, which was great. Hope you enjoy the pics.

This one was just under 20" on topwater

Best bud Ray with one of a few nice ones

Never gets old

Our 9 month old golden pup Jovie just loves the boat and water

Sunset cruises were an almost everyday event

Monkey Island trip had lots of action

My best flatty in years (22") and Release Over 20"

Cousins loved catching sharks (they are from western NY so…) Easy peasy catchin :slight_smile:

Found a new nice reds to play with

Nephew Jonathan with a nice red. He’s going off to college on a basketball scholarship next week. Thanks to Capt. Ravenel for guiding them all to plenty of fish.

6 Likes

Now thats a report

I love me some Edisto

1 Like

Looks like a great time for all!

Thanks for the report, and pics!!

1 Like

That’s how legends are made in the Family, great weeks like that! Just wonderful :star_struck:

1 Like

Great post Dave, excellent photos. Nice flattie!

1 Like

Great trip, great post. Thanks Opti.

1 Like

great pics. good stuff man

1 Like

USUAL great post Dave, thanks.

What a nice report and family outing. Boat been in the shop for a while and just got it back last week. Nice weather and now time to tighten the lines. Nice size flatty

1 Like