Electrical problem - need help

I recently had a vacuum cleaner running in one of our rooms. Now all of the sockets in that room plus the light switches and sockets in the adjacent bathroom are not working. None of the GFIs or breakers in the house were tripped. Any ideas? Anyone have any recommendations for an electrician? I used Mr Sparky once and thought they did a decent job but cost a fortune. Any help would be appreciated.

Loose neutral or a loose power, pull out all the devices and check for tight connections.

open and reset the breaker, sometimes it’s hard to tell if it tripped

electric issues are fun to find, hope it’s the breaker

Pioneer 197SF

I had a similar problem in my old house. It turned out that one of the wires on the back of an outlet had actually broken so it was making sporadic contact. Stripped the wire, reattached and problem solved.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

YnR where are you located?

I bees a sparky, at least that is what they dun told me at the coreIspondance sckoolen I got to.

Did the power trip when the vacuum was running or later on?

pull out all the sockets that don’t work you will most likely find one that is burnt, then replace it. don’t touch the wires or terminals till the correct breaker is turned off cause one side will still be hot

26’ Twinvee Cat
Twin Suzuki 175’s
www.creeksidemetalworks.com

I had that problem a while back and figured out it was a bad breaker.

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose