Electrician Needed - Light Switches

We have a couple of light switches that have not worked right since we fist moved into our house 20+ years ago. The wife was frustrated with them the other day so I thought I would finally fix them. Spent a few hours working on it today and I’m no closer than when I started.

1. One issue is a 4-way switch (three different switches work the same Light/fan) (must be a dark brown switch, which I can’t find at Lowes or HD) and I’m not sure which switch(es) is/are the problem ( I think I know, but…).

2. the other is a 3-way switch ( one is dark brown and one is ivory), I thought the ivory switch was corrupted. but when I replaced it with a new switch the problem is still there. When I looked at the dark brown switch, I had to start scratching my head. It doesn’t look like the 3-way switch I replaced (wondering if it is a 4-way switch??)

1. Do the lights or fans come on at all? Or just not coming on unless you flip one switch one way and the other switch the other way?

2. 3 way switches have 3 screws on them, excluding the green ground screw. 4 ways have 4 screws minus the ground on the yolk also…3 and 4 way switches can easily be wired incorrectly even by someone being close to an electrician.

What part of town are you in? PM me if you want to exchange numbers and talk more, im sure I can fix your electrical issues.

Fishing Nerd

“you win some, you lose some…but nothing beats getting some!”