Eluthera fishing

Might be going to Eluthera in April, anyone been? Recommendations? Is it just bone-fishing or is there good blue water?

Been almost 15 years now, but caught mahi within sight of land. Surely the bottom fishing is decent too. Hopefully you get a chance to snorkel and spear lobster! That was really cool. This all took place around the untouristy area of Eleuthra near a old run down resort that still had an active marina. I want to say the bonefishing around there is supposed to be top notch.

Porkchop Express II

Thanks for the info!

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations,neither are you here to live up to mine” Peter Tosh - I Am That I Am

quote:
Originally posted by Lowcountryboy

Might be going to Eluthera in April, anyone been? Recommendations? Is it just bone-fishing or is there good blue water?

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations,neither are you here to live up to mine” Peter Tosh - I Am That I Am

“Just” bone-fishing? Bite your tongue man!

2016 Boston Whaler 230 Vantage w/300 Merc Verado

Visit the very south end of the island. You can park and walk out there and tear the bonefish up without a guide. I used the 1 inch Gulp crab hooked underneath so the circle hook was hidden beneath… wore them out! Had a few flounder try their luck too! And watch out for the cuda’s… thick as flies when you start catching fish.

Capt. Garry Coats
Folly Beach & CHS
@DolphinChartersSC