Espados 6/12/11

Me and Opti-Jr had our first success with the spades today. What a riot! We kept 5 for dinner although we could have kept many more. Gotta make sure Jr has plenty to catch in the future!

20.5" FL, 8.5 lbs

21.75" FL, 10 lbs

Double down!

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”

woot!

good times.

They didn’t wanna eat on sat AM.

xHCFCx

Fish are too valuable to be caught only once.

You gots soul O

good work! glad to hear someones gettin em.

Awesome post. I have to get off my butt and get out there and catch some of those darn things. Nice !

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

Outstanding! Way to make it happen Opt. Great job, too, Jr! Looks like ya’ll had a blast!

Vinman
19.5 Triumph, 115 HP Honda
“Every saint has a past, every sinner a future”

Your report leaves me envious and it will make my life a bit tough! I’m really gonna hear about your post. Spades are some of Girldawg’s favorite fish to catch and she hasn’t caught one yet this year! [:0] Thanks a bunch!

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge…Proverbs 1:7

Sigh…

Love the fight in those fish! Esp. on light tackle!

http://reeldawgs.blogspot.com/

Very nice fish! What was the bait of choice?

fish nude so u can show off ur pole…

fishingsteven - they readily took jellyball chunks although we had some shrimp on hand just in case

Ok thank you. I plan on taking my dad out for Fathers Day and would love to get him hooked up.

fish nude so u can show off ur pole…

How deep did you guys find them, heard they have been pretty thick around 60ft.

Get out There!

Like CoopeRiverman I need to get out and give this a try. Dumb question- What area?

Too Fish or not Too Fish
That be the question!

18’ CC SeaFox

We were in approx 50 ft. All the reefs in that depth of water should hold them. Give it a try, take a kid, and don’t keep too many!

optiker - what size/brand (since every brand has their own gap) circles do you find to be the best for your spades? I am headed to nearshore this wednesday, may be able to scare some up.

I used Owner MUTU (I think) at least thats what they looked like, in red, at 1/0 size

http://www.ownerhooks.com/pages/products/hooks/circlehooks.htm

They worked well. I think you could use any small circle and have as much success. Mine happened to be really sharp!

nice post where were yall we hit 4ki and there was three diff school all had about 200 fish in them they were finiky on rod and reel so we put the steele through 18 and had one that went 12 pounds wit the guts hangin out also got 6 cobia all an in short had them in a frenzy around bought prob 8 or 9 of them also saw a monster shark under the spades before we rolled to diff area to continue carnage

I’m so Charleston i got spanish moss on my balls!!

nice work dave! got a new phone and lost your number, PM me and we’ll get together

Colt - PM Sent!

WOW! very great fish! great report!

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. Isaiah 53:5