F-16 vs. Cessna

Crash involving the two,Lewisfield Plantation

http://counton2.com/2015/07/07/plane-crash-involving-f-16-and-cessna-in-moncks-corner/

Looks like the search for the Joseph Johnson is concentrated on the rice field just north of the big house at Lewisfield. God rest their souls…
I used to live just down river from there at Pimlico in the '70’s.

oc

The Cessna pilot and passenger are a good friend of mine’s brother and father. I can’t even imagine. It’s one thing to hear a random story and be sad…It’s another thing to know the good family involved and feel for them…but I can’t even imagine the grief involved.

Seah Hunt Ultra 234 Yamaha F250
Sea Pro 190CC Yamaha F150 (sold)

How messed up is that? You’re just flying around in your Cessna and you get broadsided by an F-16. Very sad.

Truly shocking news. Joe played baseball with my oldest boy when they were in high school on a travel team out of Goose Creek called Pro Level, after the baseball workout facility of the same name. That was a very talented team, and Joe was an ace on the mound. Mike and I spent many an hour sitting in the stands all around the South East watching our boys play and shooting the bull about our times at The Citadel back when it was tough, and some great memories of the experience. Joe and Kirk both went to The Citadel to continue their baseball careers, and Mike and I both loved seeing them running around with their heads buzzed. Joe was a free spirit in every sense, and I had a special spot in my heart for him. His parents loved that boy in the special way we all do for the “baby” in the family. Joe’s Uncle Danny was a knob in L company when I was a sophomore Cadre Corporal, and I have great memories of “racking him”, and laughing with Mike about it when we were in the stands together. I can still smell the pipe smoke, and see his wry smile. He was a good man, a great father, and an easy friend to me. My wife loved Joe like a son as she was the team mother for that Pro Level team. She loved all those boys, but Joe was special to her. We’re both very sad. This one’s tough.

Sol Mate
Mako 20B
225 Optimax