Fall food plots

I see where you’re coming from…unfortunately I’m 31+ hours away, and would need good home base…I’d have it as a second home, my wife wants a ranch out west something bad. We shall see.

.A local warden told me about 40-45 counties in Montana have no game warden at all! That was my reason for asking. I’d fence it, at least they got to work harder, if they’re going to poach through a fence

Happy to lend dove bird advice, little grey birds have a special place in my heart.

1 Like

@CoosawYacht

Ill be happy to volunteer my services and take my RV out for a week or two this fall and guard the place from poachers

just say the word

By the way, is that mule parked in the shed? Probably need it to keep a proper eye on your place.

Any fish in that creek?

EF

Montana holds the national record for cold with a 70-degrees-below-zero reading near Helena. And if you research the recorded low for most Montana towns on any given day from early November through March, you will see they range from minus 10 to minus 50 or colder .

Good luck keeping that water running in an RV, I’m sure it’s possible, a house would be a better option, IMO.

EF,

Thanks for the kind offer but it will be well patrolled. Our neighbor in town, with 4 kids and wife that all hunt, take on the task. (Not many families with 4 kids anymore.) I don’t hunt anything without feathers anymore so have to have some help.

No fish other than carp in the creek, not a trout stream.

And, that is why I live in SC now for winter and spring. Raised and most of my life in the South, too cold here for me in my older age. I have seen minus 45 on a thermometer and hope to never see that again.

The good thing is that it is windy, too. Nothing like 40 below or higher wind chills to get you to migrate like the birds.

A rare sight for my land…