Favorite Restaurant Islamorada to Key West

quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

Years ago we were in Isamorada on valentine day, 4 guys with out our wives, went to the Lorili and would not serve us due to not having a lady with us. ended up at a joint across the road from the old marina, best sea food I ever ate! Don’t know how we were able to plan a fishing trip on V day week. Spent the same week the next year in Costa Rica! Had to take her to Rome the next year!

Locals recommended Lorili to us. We didn’t make it there, but did see it.
Place across the street sounds great too.

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

Years ago we were in Isamorada on valentine day, 4 guys with out our wives, went to the Lorili and would not serve us due to not having a lady with us. ended up at a joint across the road from the old marina, best sea food I ever ate! Don’t know how we were able to plan a fishing trip on V day week. Spent the same week the next year in Costa Rica! Had to take her to Rome the next year!

LOL!! that’s some crazy stuff! I don’t think Rome would have dug me out of the dog house on that one.

Somewhere near Homestead several years ago was the best buffet restaurant I ever ate at. More things on the table than I’ve ever seen… frog, turtle, lobster, shrimp, grouper, snapper, bass, alligator, oyster, squid, Oscar, shark, crab, crawdad, + so much more… Wish I remembered the name. Depending on you and the wife not a fancy place, but lots of personality.:smiley:

Was it Alabama Jacks? on a creek by side of bypass highway to Homestead?

quote:
Originally posted by Tarpoon

Anybody have a can’t miss idea for an anniversary dinner spot along this stretch?

I’ll post a fishing report soon but I better get this nailed down before a get caught looking at CF.com !

Tight lines

Here’s where we ended up going for that anniversary dinner.
Very anniversary worthy little place.
Very CF.com material
I give 5 stars

Best and classiest little restaurant you’d never see or stop at unless recommended by a local. The Hideaway Cafe at Rainbow Bend “Resort”
Grassy key (one above Marathon)

Fish of the day: hogfish

Right up there with the best dinners i ever had
Really cool spot on the Atlantic side. Met the owner Robert he checks on you.
Classy little place, great service,small, great food, old school fla type place for a date night, Dean Martin music wine, table cloth etc.

For the life of me I can’t remember the name of the joint, it was across from Bud and Marry’s, a real hole in the wall place with outside eating! Went back at lunch and had conch fritters one day.

Best place ever is the Garden of Eden in Key West…

They have a late night supper buffet featuring: whole snappah, clams, and wide variety of different types of breast meat. They also have a domestic and international offering of all types of aged sausages, etc.

Try it next time you visit KW as it won’t disappoint anyone in your party…

RBF

quote:

For the life of me I can’t remember the name of the joint, it was across from Bud and Marry’s, a real hole in the wall place with outside eating! Went back at lunch and had conch fritters one day.

Papa Joes. It closed many years ago. Its a parking lot now. I still have the recipe for Pap Joes Seafood Bisque.

John
2019 Hewes 18 Redfisher, 150 SHO

quote:
Originally posted by Tarpoon
quote:
Originally posted by Clem1984

I highly suggest Morada Bay is Islamorada. Very good food, a little pricey, great location, and great drinks. Square Grouper is really solid as well. If you are looking for a good steak, Ziggy Maddogs in Islamorada and Prime Steakhouse in Keywest

Thanks buddy we had a blast. Can’t wait to go back.
Wish I would have posted earlier instead of last minute!
Should have known CF would come through.

No problem, glad ya’ll had a good time. There are so many good places to eat in the Key’s, you can’t just pick one place and you also couldn’t go wrong with any of the places everyone mentioned.

My favorite entre in the Keys, is the whole Yellow Tail Snapper grilled with coconut rice. I get this at least once every year we are down that way.