Favorite Restaurant Islamorada to Key West

Anybody have a can’t miss idea for an anniversary dinner spot along this stretch?

I’ll post a fishing report soon but I better get this nailed down before a get caught looking at CF.com !

Tight lines

No Name Pub on No Name Key was great 25 years ago. Don’t know if its still there. Great pizza and ice cold beer.

Karma is 360 degrees

“If fishing were easy it would be called your mom”

I highly suggest Morada Bay is Islamorada. Very good food, a little pricey, great location, and great drinks. Square Grouper is really solid as well. If you are looking for a good steak, Ziggy Maddogs in Islamorada and Prime Steakhouse in Keywest

Square Grouper in Cudjoe has some of the best food in the keys. Sounds crazy, but their tater tots are really good! Yellowfin eggrolls are pretty (**() tasty too.
Seven Fish in Key West, snapper special. Make reservations in advance.

“There is nothing better we can do for our future than to teach our children well”
Cracker Larry

Keys Fisheries in Marathon.
Nothing fancy by no means but great food. You can sit out side & watch the sunset & then watch them feed the tarpon & nurse sharks.
Sparkys Landing in Marathon also has great food.
The Salty Anglers in Key West was really good too.
No Name Pub has good food but the service was terrible the last two times we went there.

El sebone’ (Not sure of spelling?) key west has the best Cuban food I have ever had. Not much on atmosphere cinderblock building off the beater path, community tables.

No name used to be a staple for us, not anymore, ate there last July food (pizza) and service were awful.

I will have to try square grouper out will be in cudjoe in a couple of weeks. Is it family oriented?

Have eaten at No Name Pub for a great number of years, but have to admit since the hurricane has gone way down hill and will probably never go back. (**() shame because I really liked their pizza. Square Grouper is pretty good. Boondocks not bad either.

Years ago we were in Isamorada on valentine day, 4 guys with out our wives, went to the Lorili and would not serve us due to not having a lady with us. ended up at a joint across the road from the old marina, best sea food I ever ate! Don’t know how we were able to plan a fishing trip on V day week. Spent the same week the next year in Costa Rica! Had to take her to Rome the next year!

quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

Years ago we were in Isamorada on valentine day, 4 guys with out our wives, went to the Lorili and would not serve us due to not having a lady with us. ended up at a joint across the road from the old marina, best sea food I ever ate! Don’t know how we were able to plan a fishing trip on V day week. Spent the same week the next year in Costa Rica! Had to take her to Rome the next year!

LOL!! that’s some crazy stuff! I don’t think Rome would have dug me out of the dog house on that one.

Somewhere near Homestead several years ago was the best buffet restaurant I ever ate at. More things on the table than I’ve ever seen… frog, turtle, lobster, shrimp, grouper, snapper, bass, alligator, oyster, squid, Oscar, shark, crab, crawdad, + so much more… Wish I remembered the name. Depending on you and the wife not a fancy place, but lots of personality.:smiley:

Marker 88 in Islamorada and Bob’s Bunz Islamorada Restaurant and Bakery for breakfast, No Name Pub still has great pizza and crab dip (or at least they did last year). On down the road, Square Grouper and Mangrove Mamas.

John
2019 Hewes 18 Redfisher, 150 SHO

Lobster Rueben at Keys Fisheries in Marathon is a MUST

Capt. Garry Coats
Folly Beach & CHS
@DolphinChartersSC

Had one of the best fish meals from fishtales restaurant right in front of the marathon lady head boat in marathon. I brought in my own fish from a charter earlier in the day and they cooked them for us at very reasonable rates. This probably isn’t what you were looking for regarding an anniversary dinner but I wanted to mention it anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by contender1

El sebone’ (Not sure of spelling?) key west has the best Cuban food I have ever had. Not much on atmosphere cinderblock building off the beater path, community tables.

No name used to be a staple for us, not anymore, ate there last July food (pizza) and service were awful.

I will have to try square grouper out will be in cudjoe in a couple of weeks. Is it family oriented?

Square Grouper is family friendly. Last time I was there with my family, we ate there almost every night. Menu has a lot of good options.

“There is nothing better we can do for our future than to teach our children well”
Cracker Larry

quote:
Originally posted by Clem1984

I highly suggest Morada Bay is Islamorada. Very good food, a little pricey, great location, and great drinks. Square Grouper is really solid as well. If you are looking for a good steak, Ziggy Maddogs in Islamorada and Prime Steakhouse in Keywest

Thanks. I missed Morada bay but I saw the square grouper and heard same.
Thanks for the suggestions we had a blast!

quote:
Originally posted by Clem1984

Thanks buddy we had a blast. Can’t wait to go back.
Wish I would have posted earlier instead of last minute!
Should have known CF would come through.

quote:
Originally posted by on a fishin mission

Square Grouper in Cudjoe has some of the best food in the keys. Sounds crazy, but their tater tots are really good! Yellowfin eggrolls are pretty (**() tasty too.
Seven Fish in Key West, snapper special. Make reservations in advance.

Cracker Larry

Didn’t make it there but I had some good yellow tail in Key West.
Hard to screw that up. Fried our own whole silk, yellow tail and mutton whole and scored though and that was awesome.

Tks!

quote:
Originally posted by areeldrag

Keys Fisheries in Marathon.
Nothing fancy by no means but great food. You can sit out side & watch the sunset & then watch them feed the tarpon & nurse sharks.
Sparkys Landing in Marathon also has great food.
The Salty Anglers in Key West was really good too.
No Name Pub has good food but the service was terrible the last two times we went there.

We found this one!
Fisheries was a lot of fun and perfect keys style fish house right on the docks. Got a monster sized hunks of fried conch as an appetizer.

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Fishnengr

Have eaten at No Name Pub for a great number of years, but have to admit since the hurricane has gone way down hill and will probably never go back. (**() shame because I really liked their pizza. Square Grouper is pretty good. Boondocks not bad either.

El sebone
Really bummed that I missed this one.
Thanks for the 411

quote:
Originally posted by Fishnengr

We did find a place in the “boondocks” on the way home. My Fla cousins said we should get by. Cools spot but I couldn’t get my oversized vehicle stopped in time to find a shady place to park.
Alabama Jacks on card sound off the bypass going towards homestead and back to US one at the top of the keys. Been there for like 80 years apparently.

Anybody been there? Hate that I missed it but I had fish to get home. Snapper at that

quote:
Originally posted by DillyDally

Lobster Rueben at Keys Fisheries in Marathon is a MUST

Capt. Garry Coats
Folly Beach & CHS
@DolphinChartersSC

Went there but missed it. Screwed that up. Should have read your post sooner
Dadgummit have to go back