favorite weedless bait

i am fishing a pond with alot of small lilly pads on top and alot of weeds and slime under the water. i can see and hear fish feeding but whenever i cast to them my bait instantly gets covered with some kind of weed, does anyone have any ideas on a good weedless bait ?

post a pic or three and i’ll tell you the best bait.

Jeff Davis is my President

I like senko style worms, Zoom floating trick worms,and Zoom frogs. Filamentous algae is tough to fish through…not a lot to be done but keep pitching, and cleaning, and counting on the initial fall to trigger your strikes.

thanks for the info !! hopefully i can get out there next week to give it a try , the frogs might be the ticket !

Theres a diference between floating and trick. There is not a floating trick.

You can Texas Rig a spinnerbait or buzzbait with a plastic worm to make it weedless, even with a trailer hook. The added worm also gives it more bouyancy so you can use a slower retrieve and keep it on top of the water. More time in the strike-zone = more fish to the boat. That’s a pro-tip and it doesn’t cost you anything.

Hold the tomato, fool!

i have been fishing a small pond with a load of nasty vegatation but i have been using a stanley ribbit frog with one of the hooks with the spring in the eye to hold the bait, but if ur using a from i would recomend getting a double prong hook like the tru-tungsten frog hook…i have alot of problems with the bait coming back in on its back

quote:
Originally posted by smokeybones

i have been fishing a small pond with a load of nasty vegatation but i have been using a stanley ribbit frog with one of the hooks with the spring in the eye to hold the bait, but if ur using a from i would recomend getting a double prong hook like the tru-tungsten frog hook…i have alot of problems with the bait coming back in on its back

Smokey, to keep the frog from rolling, use a big enough hook (a 5/0 or a 6/0), and try to rig it so that it puts a little “bow” in the belly of the frog.

It’s irritating when the frog rolls, but they’ll still hit it.

Texas rig a 7.5 inch black plastic worm without the weight. Fish the worm like a buzz bait on top of the pads. Be surprised how many strikes you’ll get.

ya definitely try a frog… or just a weightless worm hooked weedless

Eat-Sleep-Fish