Feast on this NYtimes writer

Fmr. NY Times writer complains that boy mowing White House lawn sends bad message on child labor.

http://americanmilitarynews.com/2017/09/fmr-ny-times-writer-complains-that-boy-mowing-white-house-lawn-sends-bad-message-on-child-labor/ via @amermilnews

I wonder if he’s related to the journalist who got PTSD from firing an AR-15?

They say there is a few in every crowd. Complaining about a boy with a strong work ethic! This kind of crap is terrible. I didn’t check the oil in dad’s riding lawnmower at age 8 and seized the engine. I had to use the push mower for two years before he’d let me use the rider again. I think the cuttable area of the yard was 2 acres.

“Why Bruce?”

i bet you check the oil on every piece of machinery you run now though right?

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

quote:
Originally posted by TheMechanic

i bet you check the oil on every piece of machinery you run now though right?

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

Lol Yes I do.

“Why Bruce?”

Typical liberal, use a magnifying glass and do your best to find (make up) the only negative angle he can. God forbid a person actually be willing to work hard and be self-sufficient. Nope, the left wants everyone on welfare so they are beholden to the government.

And I thought the woman offended by the cotton stalks in Hobby Lobby was an idiot. You can’t make this stuff up, liberalism truly is a mental disorder.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Crazy you brought up cotton stalks! Was talking to my 92 year old mother in law about growing up as a third generation white sharecropper and start working in the fields with her mother and sibelings at 4 years old. She sure has come a long way. She told me about being the first one in her famely to own a car and taking her mother and farther to a large town for the first time.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

And I thought the woman offended by the cotton stalks in Hobby Lobby was an idiot. You can’t make this stuff up, liberalism truly is a mental disorder.

Got showed that from a facebook post! What’s wrong with people? I’d say more White Folk had to pick cotton to survive than ancient Black slaves. Cotton was the major factor in the industrial revolution and Shaped the Southern economy as well as being essential for Europe’s economy.

Lots of history good and bad behind cotton. Some say it was the foundation of the civil war rather than the argued point about slavery.

“Why Bruce?”

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

Got showed that from a facebook post! What’s wrong with people? I’d say more White Folk had to pick cotton to survive than ancient Black slaves. Cotton was the major factor in the industrial revolution and Shaped the Southern economy as well as being essential for Europe’s economy.

Lots of history good and bad behind cotton. Some say it was the foundation of the civil war rather than the argued point about slavery.

“Why Bruce?”

I saw that too, Mr. Fred. Wonder if she wears cotton clothes? Or partakes of sugar?

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

quote:
Originally posted by Black Bart
quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

“Why Bruce?”

I saw that too, Mr. Fred. Wonder if she wears cotton clothes? Or partakes of sugar?

Mr. Bart, I believe 99.9% of all Americans think Slavery was a terrible thing. If looking for the positives from it, it has given me many friends I would have never had. This cotton thing??!! Good Gracious.

“Why Bruce?”

Makes me wonder what kind of upbringing people like this had.

“live and let live” … “those that deserve it.”

quote:

Maybe he had a stay home dad.

When I was that age I was mowing yards for $3 a yard. Some days I could make $30 !

quote:
quote:

Maybe he had a stay home dad.

Perhaps. Or his family was wealthy, so work (especially by children) could be a foreign concept to him.