Fin Loco Sat. 4/12

Fished just offshore of the ledge between the outcrop and the terrace on a beautiful 2 degree temp break. Ended up with 10 dolphin and 1 skipjack. Had 1 cutoff and lost one dolphin boatside. Bite slowed around 11am and we trolled back to the ledge looking for Mr wahoo who we never found. What a beautiful day to be on the big blue pond and a pond it sure looked like.

On a side note, have any of you ever tried skipjack? Was wondering what kind of table fare they are.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL

Skipjack is good! That is what they use in most canned tuna. There is a great recipe on here for canning tuna!

240cc Everglades
18cc Assateague Scow

Good deal man. I am kind of surprised dolphin are showing up already. Hit me up some time this spring.

“Good things come to those who bait”

Will do James. How flexible is your schedule during the week?

28 WA Hydra Sport
Twin 225 4 stoke Yammies
“Fin Loco”

I am pretty flexible during the week. Just let me know a few days in advance

Seen some of your post from rocks pond fish board, I’m around the corner at Canal lakes fish camp. Fishing out every chance I get when weathers right. Stop by lets chat and run out together. WTF , Ray

Skipjack is horrible. Give it to me and I will get rid of it for you. Or do this with it…
http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=138940

26 Seahunt
Angler’s Dream

live bleed the skippy, and then make a ceviche on the boat with it!!!

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Never had SkipJack until last night.
It was Ok but definitely not great.
I think it would have been better had it been prepared as a spread or something. (We grilled it along with some Mahi and Wahoo) We covered it with a Teriaki glaze.
Wife’s comment was…“Don’t feel obligated to bring anymore of that home especially if you already have good fish in the boat”

218WA Sailfish
The "Penn"sion Plan

I’ll come and pick up any extra skipjack you have.

26 Seahunt
Angler’s Dream

Jordan, cook for 90 min?!?!? Looks really good. Will have to look into getting a pressure pot. Also, can you take it out of the freezer to do this or does it need to be fresh?

28 WA Hydra Sport
Twin 225 4 stoke Yammies
“Fin Loco”

I seared that skipjack we caught the other day for a minute on each side last night with a little soy.It honestly wasn’t bad. Not as good as the BFT but it was edible. I didn’t have a problem with it

James, So I take that you liked the blackfin?

28 WA Hydra Sport
Twin 225 4 stoke Yammies
“Fin Loco”

Oh yeah man. I like sushi to start with so i seared it for a few seconds and ate it. I can definitely tell a difference in the skippy and the BFT. The skip was not bad though. I would take another one. I might use the rest of the skipjack to make tuna salad.