Finally found something to laugh about these tent caterpillars

Walking around poisoning fire ants and one of my granddaughters yellls for me to come check this out!! I guess after bald heading some of the oaks, gums, and maples this years invasion of tent caterpillars are after roses and most anything else with leaves on it. This climbing rose is absolutely full of tent caterpillars… My grand Yells at the top of her lungs at them and they all lift up their heads and start shaking! Funny as heck to watch. Gotta find humor where you can. Kind of eerie at the same time. Life is good!!

Try it if you see a bunch of them together!!

Outstanding Bream bait!

Not trying to come off as a jerk Mixed, but No sir. Not in the least. FIsh, chickens, birds and such will not touch them. After they turn into moths things will eat them, but not before. Now some good Catawba caterpillars! let’s do it!

1 Like

I’ve caught tons of Bream using them as bait. Especially, if you can find a Willow branch, overhanging the water.
Not being a jerk, either!
Just sharing my experience using them for bait.
:wink:

Ok, if you say so! But I really think we are talking about a different type of Caterpillar? But heck, you learn somethings new all the time!

1 Like

Wonder if you kicked an ant hill and dumped a handful of them on it if the ants would like them?
Probably be some twerking going on anyway I’m gonna try it tomorrow

Nutz is right… Those tent caterpillars make excellent bream bait… Maybe the best, along with crickets…

Game chickens or laying chickens won’t eat them.