Find the fish!

Ok, we went out last weekend and didnt catch anything. We are going out Sunday and putting in at folly then heading twards Stono inlet. Any ideas on good spots there, whats biting or what to use this early? We surf fish alot during the summer at the light house but wanted to start putting the boat in at Folly bridge so last weekend was the first time we put it in there. I trolled around the flats and ditches looking for reds but didnt see any. Any Ideas?

Steve Baty
21’ Sea Ray Seville / 165 hp I/O
Looking for ACTION

it all depends… what are you fishin for?

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the mud minnow.

Steve, we have been fishing out their alot seen some fish, but no eaters caught one red a week ago, mostly just catching a sunburn, I plan on walking the pier a few times while on duty this weekend and I will check and see how the bites are up there

Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,
goes home through the alley.
-Anonymous

We are fishing for whatever will bite, lol. taking the 2 kids out, was thinking maybe flounder, reds, and trout. Thanks Hurricane. I am use to fishing from the shore but i have not spent alot of boat time there so didnt know if anything was biting now or not.

Steve Baty
21’ Sea Ray Seville / 165 hp I/O
Looking for ACTION

would love to find the striper there also, we are catching them good at lake Murray and the Saluda river.

Steve Baty
16’ bass tracker
Looking for ACTION

Kids like sharks… if you drift the stono inlet with cut bait on the bottom should yield sharks. If you drift the same area with shrimp on the bottom you should catch some whiting. Fish in the channel with shrimp on a Carolina rig for whiting. The mouth of bass creek in the stono is supposed to hold sharks and rays. Saltfisher caught sharks in the kiawah last week

Awsome, thanks Yakman

Steve Baty
16’ bass tracker
Looking for ACTION

If you were goin out tommorow I’d say we could meet up. But good luck Sunday! Were gonna fish those same spots for my little bro

Im sure we will have time. We come to folly 3 or 4 times a month during the summer, its where my mother grew up and we love fishing there. Every so often we go to beaufort but its a 3hr trip for me there. I think the weather is suppose to be better Sunday also.

Steve Baty
16’ bass tracker
Looking for ACTION

Steve the weather forecast doesn’t look good. We will be going Suynday instead. We might see yall out on the water. If you see a 19’ sea Fox bowrider with a black merc with no stickers and a blue bimini top and 2 kids and my dad in it feel free to atop Nd say hey and maybe we can fish together. My bro needs somethin to do while were fishin

ok, awsome, will look for you, i will be in an aluminum 16’ bassmaster boat with my daughter (3) and my son (15). We will head from folly bridge to Stono inlet and maybe later check out some of the channels for some reds.

Steve Baty
16’ bass tracker
Looking for ACTION

i tried the main channel of cooper river this morning the last half of an outgoing tide and landed 3 trout and lost 2 trout that spit the hook and a nice redfish that found an oyster bed and cut my line. i also had plenty of missed hits and instead of the usual paddletails i tried a plain white 3" twister tail ive been getting flounder on and despite constant flipper attacks i still got more hits on a smaller jig than i usually get on a bigger paddletail. didnt fish it any different than the paddletails, but it got a LOT more hits! im far from an inshore expert but perhaps a smaller jig that fits better in fish mouths would work well for people?