First ever shrimping trip a huge success! 10/11

Well I have to give this site and chuck aka horsefly and huge big thank you and great appreciation. Chuck took my gf and I out on my boat Friday night. He not only accompanied us. He showed me how to drive the places and why. Taught me everything from how to feel bottom with my pole to finding the good area on my depth finder. He was the best and most patient teacher. about any and everything. Then to my girlfriend he also taught her how to drive the boat around the poles and had her loading the boat on the trailer. Chuck was a incredible teacher, great man, and had the upmost patience. Thanks chuck!!

On to the shrimping report. It was a success! First time shrimping on my own boat. We got 1/3 a cooler, all large and mediums. Some 7 inches. Unreal. Had a few poles producing a dozen or so. But most poles had half dozen or less each cast. Couldn’t have been more satisfied! With the experiences!!! Couldn’t imagine having to clean a entire limit but welcome the challenge!!!

Today cleaned the boat head to toe. Installed a new bilge pump. Installed new styrofoam cooler retrofit to half my live well. Pretty spiffy if I ask myself. Can’t wait till 5:30 tomorrow when I will be headed fishing wappoo cut. Come say hey!

Bryant
14’High Tide w/ 50
Tarpon 120
Bayou 120
Bgardner@ncgs.com

There are some great people on the site. Glad you found some shrimp.

experience noun \ik-#712;spir–#601;n(t)s

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.

Great report,BrGard

Glad you guys had a good time. I think you are going to appreciate that new bilge pump and I know that you are going to appreciate your girlfriend being able to drive the boat onto the trailer! I enjoyed being on the water with y’all and look forward to doing it again.

Horsefly

HorseFly, I enjoyed every minute of it and your education and patience above everything. Thanks again for the opportunity! I look forward to many more trips!

Thanks Hurricane and Swansea. It was a lot of fun!

Here are the pictures

Bryant
14’High Tide w/ 50
Tarpon 120
Bayou 120
Bgardner@ncgs.com

Congrats Bryant. Horsefly must have a ton of patience!! :slight_smile: I will be fishing Georgetown Thursday if you can take off work. Ihave a boat full but you sure can follow us out to the rocks.

“Oh, de flounder he looks so fine, hanging onto my little thin line…”

Nice report. So far everybody that I have met from this site has been good people. From what I can tell you get what you give around here. Thankfully you don’t have my problem - my wife can drive the boat, she just wont do it.

BrGard,

Awesome post! I have been trying to get my girlfriend to do exactly this. I have only been out 3 times with not too much luck. Any chance you could pay that generosity forward? :slight_smile: I’ll send you an email shortly.

2012 23’ Carolina Skiff
238 DLV
Yamaha F150

Of course! Maybe I will get some more thrown my way again. Shoot me a email or text me. text is best 260-1288. You live around charleston? I am always looking for more partner options. haha

What is you schedule on wk nights?

Bryant
14’High Tide w/ 50
Tarpon 120
Bayou 120
Bgardner@ncgs.com

Done and Done! I live here in West Ashley. Weeknights are great for me.

2012 23’ Carolina Skiff
238 DLV
Yamaha F150

Wait until you really get into them…full coolers for everyone. Unfortunately, this is not the year…maybe next year. GREAT JOB!

200 Bay Scout
115 Yamaha 4 stroke

Thanks, I can’t wait. My friend from home spadefish has coolered when he was able to go this year. So I hope or better see what that’s like here shortly. :slight_smile: But until then I’m going to learn tides, wind, or wind be (**()ed. Going out tomorrow night and trying it hightide and falling.

Bryant
14’High Tide w/ 50
Tarpon 120
Bayou 120
Bgardner@ncgs.com

nice job!! now teach her to throw a net and you might just come home to find your girlfriend and boat gone and a note on the counter saying…"will check in later " :slight_smile:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

As long as I haven’t planned on going out that day and she didn’t leave me. I would be one happy boyfriend. I think… :wink:

Bryant
14’High Tide w/ 50
Tarpon 120
Bayou 120
Bgardner@ncgs.com

There ya go bubba

Way to go. I do have to say however, and I feel I can speak for most of the guys here. We would prefer to see your gf holding up the shrimp. Now you are hooked!

“Apathy is the Glove in Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

I will try to make that happen more in the future and thanks y"all

Bryant
14’High Tide w/ 50
Tarpon 120
Bayou 120
Bgardner@ncgs.com