First Report(offshore on 8/30)

Got a new boat back in December and have been waiting for the right day to try my hand out “deep”. Weather called for a string of flat days(8/30) so I brought a couple buddies and headed out. Planned on trying for Kings and doing some bottom fishing. We hit 100’ and started checking the Simrad. Set up a King rig with a live bait about 100 feet behind the boat and went to bottom fishing. Screen was LIT UP with life. While bottom fishing, the King rod goes screaming and when I set the hook, a dolphin jumps next to the boat. I look in the water and see a school of them and tell my buddies to start throwing baits. For the next 10 minutes it was chaotic bliss. Got two kings which was a first for me. Had a great run both ways with minimal chop. Can’t wait to get out again.

Capt. Jeremiah
Southern Slam Fishing Charters

2018 Sea Hunt BX 22 BR

Holy smokes, what a great variety of meat!! And that calm water…what a day! Sounds like it was a massive success. Thanks for sharing the story/photos.

SOLID!!! Well done cap’n!

Chuck D
2018 Pathfinder 2300 HPS
Yamaha 250 SHO

Thanks guys! Was definitely nice to change up the game some

Capt. Jeremiah

2018 Sea Hunt BX 22 BR

Cool. Big BSB as well.

36 ft Yellowfin Yamaha Trip 300
27 ft Seahunt Yamaha Twin 200

Be careful, it’s very addictive out there!

Philippians 4:13
Hanahan Fishing Club

quote:
Originally posted by Got2Go

Be careful, it’s very addictive out there!

Philippians 4:13
Hanahan Fishing Club

I’ve been fishing on my buddy’s boat out there, but we usually do a lot of trolling. And you are correct, I’m addicted and want to get back out there soon

Capt. Jeremiah

2018 Sea Hunt BX 22 BR