First trip to 60 in my boat.

The Natural

My apologies to you and I take it back. Congratulations on your voyage offshore. May you always safely return.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

Thanks tight line and mdaddy.

Y’all be safe out there as well.

Palm beach 181 whitecap 115merc
Lowe 170 70hp
AKA Wannabe offshore fishing king

Check out my YouTube page

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCmxlXT3ChNyo3hMSimdlFNw

mdaddy, did you forget to take your meds again?

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

My crow level was a little low so I needed to eat some.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

My crow level was a little low so I needed to eat some.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

Fair enough. It happens to us all...

Time to eat my plate of crow with a good hot cup of coffee.

After too many Margaritas the other night, I saw this post:

“Bluegoose, maybe I can borrow yours now that you sold your boat? Come to think of it, what are you doing on here? You may be better served in the “surf fishing” forum. I tell ya what, we’ll do a trade. One pocket transit for one good beach towel. I’ll even throw in a little pale and shovel so you can make sand castles when they aren’t biting. How does that sound?”

“Followed by:Bluegoose, if people aren’t showing any interest, tell em about your compass! They’ll be beating down your door when the fog rolls back in, believe me!”

Maybe it was mispelling pail that set me off…more like slaming a fellow fisherman for not being able to afford “offshore” fishing. So, I responded when I should have let it go.

I banged out 3 posts without seeing this till the next morning:

“Mdaddy, bluegoose is a good friend and fishing buddy of mine. We like to razz each other no need to get upset.”

Thus the apology and the crow eating.

I called you a wannabe offshore fisherman. I’m a wannabe after 30 years of it. An expensive awa dangerous hobby, if you don’t make a living off it. I stood on plenty of beaches/piers watching boats leaving and wondering how it would be to have that freedom to fish where I wanted to.

I responded to your thread after enjoying watching you having a fun catching fish on"your" boat. Brought back memories of my first trips. I had just gone out the Sunday before you and ran through fog starting 30 miles offshore coming back in. I had radar and chart plotter which I never had when I started. After passing the sea buoy, I lost all power to my electronics / lights…but had engines. What I didn’t have was a chart of the sound with the buoy positions. After 30 years of going out through there(with a chart), due north to the next buoy was my only option to stop and check my breakers. Got to the buoy and had my son keep us there till I could check fuses/breakers. Si

Mdaddy, I appreciate the follow up but no need at all. I have pretty thick skin and expect a little banter on a site full of fisherman. Just so you know, bluegoose is moving overseas, that’s why he sold his boat not money problems. He’s got more of that than me, I promise you. But regardless, thanks for the tips and the sites. I am off to buy a chart and compass as soon as I can get my kid to nap today. I am excited to push out past the jetties with this great wx we’ve been having but safety is always #1 on my mind. Best of luck to you out there. I look forward to your future post responses.

Lowe 170 70hp

Hey Natural, this should be enough to get you started.

Just trying to point you in the right direction.

How about this? Fair trade since the earth is actually flat.

Lowe 170 70hp

If you’re here to surf up laughs… then I urge you to post a pic of that “sheepshead” you caught Wednesday.

Got some clarification on that. Turns out, it’s a red porgy. Fought like a marlin though.

Lowe 170 70hp

now this !!! has great been great!! lot of laughs

Wicked fishing
232 OPEN SPORTSMAN
250 YAMAHA 4 stroke

Fished an 18 Key West CC for years. Loved that boat. Best fishing boat for size that I ever fished on. Took it out to the Edisto 60 all the time, and fished inshore in shallow water. “Upgraded” last year to the 20. The women folk wanted more room for cruising and to be able to pull the kids tubing etc. Don’t like the layout nearly as much for fishing as the 18 but I have plenty of cupholders now. Thanks for posting. Enjoy.