fishermans memorial

I just got back from the Boston seafood show. We had the pleasure of meeting the guys that buy the Bluefin tuna from the boats on Wicked Tuna, and got to tour the processing plant at Eastern Seafood. We went out to Gloucester with them on Monday and went to the Fishermen’s Memorial…very humbling when you see how many perished over the years

Love the show Wicked Tuna! Thanks for sharing!:smiley:

God Bless,
Capt Buddy Bizzell
Being on the water is a blessing, catching fish is a bonus!

“Come follow me.” Jesus said “I will make you a fisher of men.”
Matthew 4:19

Gloucester is such a beautiful place.I still have some pictures of my friend feeding a stray cat lobster on the rocks. I am sure it has changed since 1979 but still a special place to visit.

Cool you posted this as I will be there on Sunday. I have work in Portsmouth and Bangor. I planned on detouring through there on our way up from Boston. How readily available is lobster this time of the year?

So what new knowledge did you bring back from the show? I bet that was pretty cool to tour The eastern seafood plant.

You are spot on about the humbling over all that have perished making a living off the ocean. Hope your business is doing well!

Lobsters are readily available at any fishmarket in New England right now. Make sure to eat at the causeway diner while in Gloucester.
PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

What did you think ok the warfs? Heck of a tide!

I grew up just south of there (Warwick RI) so the big tides were nothing new, what was amazing was the water clarity, you could see down 10’!

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Dinner was awesome thanks for the recommendation. Stopped at the memorial but it was getting dark. Very neat town.

Thanks for the pictures! I lived in Mass for a while as a kid and fished that area with my dad 60 years ago.

quote:
Originally posted by sellsfish

I grew up just south of there (Warwick RI) so the big tides were nothing new, what was amazing was the water clarity, you could see down 10’!

Part of the reason for the water clarity & the comeback of the fishery is making most ports & coastal waters like around Mass & Li Sounds Zero discharge areas for all boaters. That means nothing over the side like grey water, treated sewage, etc. We've been checked in Boston & other places to make sure all our sinks, etc are going into a holding tank,

21 Contender

Bunch of Yankees, sheesh.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com