Fishing Cancun

Booked a trip with my wife and another couple for late April and my buddy and I were talking about chartering a boat to do a little fishing - from what I’ve seen looks like sails, marlin and mahi are in season at that time - just curious if anyone on here has fished the Cancun area and if so can share some recommendations on who to go with. Thx

We went fishing off Isla Mujeres (just north of Cancun) last March (2016). We didn’t catch any of the fish you mentioned but did catch a nice wahoo and several amber jack and bonito. Also lost something big after about a 20 minute fight. The resort we were staying at cooked the wahoo for us about 5 different ways that night. It was amazing. We gave the other fish to the locals. Just make sure you get what you’re paying for because some other guys we talked to thought they were going offshore and the “guides” kept them nearshore and they only caught barracuda and other trash fish.

19’ American Skiff Coral Bay

Also i think you’d get better ■■■■■■■■ if you posted this up in the fishing discussion or offshore discussion instead of down here in the non-fishing forum. It is a fishing question after all. Good Luck!

19’ American Skiff Coral Bay

Thanks Hundo - good, I’ll re-post it there…people get very sensitive about where you post things on this site

quote:
people get very sensitive about where you post things on this site

WE DO NOT!

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?