Fishing Chart & Tides

So I think I have figured out my Fall fishing spots vs tides. I plan to test it this fall. For the past 3 years I have been keeping a fishing log. It is fairly simple… I keep track of the Location, Date, High & Low tides, what fish & size fish I caught, exact times I caught them, & what I caught them with.
Based on my data it looks like I can hit spot-1 just after mid-falling tide, spot-2 about 30 minutes before slack low tide, spot-3 should produce during the rising tide up to just before mid-rising, & spot-4 from mid -rising up to 1-hour prior to high tide.
My next fall trip I plan to time it so I can hit all 4 (these are general locations & not just 4 exact spots) in one day to see if it actually pans out. Maybe keeping track of all this will pay off…

3 Likes

I hope so, and for me fall is definitely the time of the year to easily pattern fish.

I got spring and summer kinda sorta figured out sometimes.

Winter is the hardest for me.

But I often think they are like cows or deer in that sometimes they are feeding hard, sometimes they are just standing/laying around, and sometimes they are just moving somewhere else with no rhyme or reason at all.

It will be interesting to hear how your log and theory works out. Itll be a win either way

Thanks, my biggest issue will be finding the time to get down multiple times. Seems like we have a lot going on this Fall.

1 Like

that’s cool you log your trips. i’m too lazy for that. my main thing is making sure tide is low enough for me to catch live bait in creeks. if tide is going out i hit the creek mouths and eddies and river banks etc… if coming in I try and hit docks and structure. sometimes we get em and sometimes we don’t.
good luck. tide looks good this weekend for us. hopefully we give a good report.

1 Like

My spots are similar. Out going I fish mostly banks & creeks. Incoming I fish docks & structure that sticks out of the water but always has water at them, even at dead low.

1 Like

I’m finally getting more consistent finding fish on high outgoing but I’m going to try tomorrow morning and it will be the last couple hours of outgoing then a couple hours of incoming before this old guy will get back before it gets too hot. Any hints? I use artificials 90% of the time but can get live bait with the low tide.

1 Like

That part of the tide I usually have the most luck under or around structure like docks that hold at least a few feet of water at dead low. In a little more cooler time of the year like fall, I have mostly been using live bait or shrimp around structure. I’m sure artificial would work fine too.

1 Like

I’m three weeks post-op knee replacement and doing very well. Looking at maybe getting back to fishing in another week or two mainly as a brief reprieve. My wife was diagnosed with inoperable pancreatic cancer and the doctors say less than 1% chance of survival at a year, 30%-40% at 3-4 mo.

1 Like

So very sorry to hear about your wife sir.

I hate cancer more than anything, and am sad to hear about your wife.

If you ever need to just talk feel welcomed to PM me anytime

So sorry, I can’t imagine what you guys must be going thru. Make sure every minute you have with her counts.