Fishing Report for 10/21

I took Monday off work to do a little fishing and my first thought were to hit Lake Greenwood since thats my home lake. I got an email from Take 2 and them decided I was going to chance it and head to Murray. I have been skunked the past 3 times I’ve been on Murray and it was really eating at me to get on some fish there. Especially when I read everybody’s fishing reports and they are catchng fish. So I head to Murray and get my bait at Lake World, and put the boat in at the dam. Decided to fish #25 since it was close by and sat out there forever and nothing biting. I started doubting myself thinking about selling the boat, rods, and everything else… Pulled my cellphone out and saw where Take 2 told me to look at his report and go to the areas he meantioned he fished at over the weekend. Took my 30 minute boat ride all the way up to #13. Picked up a few fish so I dropped 6 lines in the water. Picked up a 18 incher there and it made my day, the curse was now broken and I’m smiling ear to ear. That was the only one I picked up but I was happy. On the way back to the dam, I decided to stop at area U1 off the point just to see if there were any fish or bait. There were fish stacked up in there, that was the most fish I’ve seen since I got my new finder. Dropped 6 lines and nothing, started drumming and my rod bent over. Picked up a 21" there. Waiting a little while and started drumming again, another rod bent and picked up another 21". While I was taking the hook out of his mouth, another rod bent over and picked up a 18 incher. I stayed there until about 6 and had to make myself leave, I still had that 30 minute boat ride back to the ramp and another hour ride back to Greenwood. I wish I could find somwhere to by bait mid lake so I don’t have to go all the way to the dam. But a big thank you to Take 2!!! It was an awesome day for me.

You can get bait from George near Billy Dreher Island…Just give him a call @ 803-873-3258 or you can get it from David on 378 down from the traffic circle (Closer for you I would think) @ 803-422-2854…

Richy

“My biggest worry is that my wife (when I’m dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.”

Thanks Richy, I was looking for something around the trafic circle. I will give David a call next time.

WHOO HOO!!! That’s what it’s all about bro…that’s why I do the reports!

I usually get bait at David Clyburn’s house, so I don’t have to go all of the way into town. I live about 15 minutes from the traffic circle about halfway between Saluda and Newberry, so I understand your ride time. Don’t worry though…the fish are headed our way! :smiley:

Now I just need to figure out where to catch bait between Kempson and Black’s bridges, or up above Kempson bridge. I can throw a mean cast net. :wink:

Super glad you had a great day.

David Padgett
“Take 2”
191 Mako

Also for all you folks that go and don’t catch any…I would like to know that as well. Sometimes letting everyone know where you had a bad fishing trip can keep others from wasting their time…I’m just saying.

David Padgett
“Take 2”
191 Mako

quote:
Originally posted by Take 2

Also for all you folks that go and don’t catch any…I would like to know that as well. Sometimes letting everyone know where you had a bad fishing trip can keep others from wasting their time…I’m just saying.

I couldn’t agree more- and that’s exactly why I post the good, the bad, and the ugly. For us once-a-month fisherman getting a good idea where to start looking or NOT to start looking is invaluable. I’m excited that people are starting to share information more openly on this site and honestly when we use club map coordinates I don’t think it brings a bunch more boats to the party.

I went out this evening and saw small schools in the mouth of bear creek. Caught a small one and a 22 off of a white bucktail. Marked a couple in 30 ft

quote:
Originally posted by Take 2

David Padgett
“Take 2”
191 Mako

You're right, it makes for a depressing day to be out on the water and not catch fish. Don't get me wrong, it is nice and relaxing but it's much better to feel a tug every now and then.

By the way, I’m going to have to start proofreading my post! I’m really not that slow… :smiley:

quote:
By the way, I'm going to have to start proofreading my post! I'm really not that slow... :smiley:

I just figured you were worn out from all of the boat riding you got to do… :wink:

David Padgett
“Take 2”
191 Mako

quote:
Originally posted by Upstate Pirate

… Dropped 6 lines and nothing, started drumming and my rod bent over. Picked up a 21" there. Waiting a little while and started drumming again, another rod bent and …

Someone explain this to me … I can only assume that by “drumming” you mean beating on the bottom of the boat in some sort of rhythm … I mean seriously??? You guys beat on the bottom of your boats and if yes - how the heck does that work???

it’s my Wife’s fault we HAVE to fish now!!!

2005 Sea Pro 2100cc / Yamaha 150hp 4-Stroke

Yes, I have a wooden broom handle I use to hit the bottom of the boat. First saw it on Nuts and Bolts about fishing with Captain Cefus and Capt Mack fishing on Hartwell. Capt Mack said that it works because when they feed the fish at the hatchery, they drum and the fish know its time to eat. I have also heard that it scatters the bait fish below the boat and breaks up the “ball”. I personally believe that it makes your bait become more active but I’m no expert. For whatever reason, it works. The first time I did it my buddy asked “what the heck you doing”, I told him about what I saw on Nut and Bolts and after about 2 minutes my rod bent over. I was sold on the concept from then on. Go to youtube and look up Nuts and Bolts, I think you can watch the entire episode on their website.