Fishing Report.....

…well sort of. Put in at ramp 4 this morning at ~6:30. Before I got out to the river, there was trash, logs, limbs, leaves everywhere. It was as bad as I’ve seen it. I idled over to Hawleek and started pulling inside the the 1st bend. Trash/debris wasn’t as bad once I got into the creek. Pulled all the way to the back, about as far as you can go, and caught a couple, but nothing to write home about. Coming back out, there is an armada of crappie boats, a couple dozen, so I dodged them and managed to get out through the obstacle course. I did see one guy catch quite a few crappie and several others picking up one here and there, so they are biting in Hawleek. Left there and idled up to Spring, working my way through all the debris. Same story, crappie fisherman everywhere. I turned and headed for the ramp, but I assume that the crappie are biting in Spring, too. Got back to the ramp and there was no room for another truck and trailer, even in the upper lot.

The crappie are biting, but be careful, real careful, running in the river.

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it’s lost and the story is told. - Me
-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops)
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my “Puppy Dog” 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I’ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish

Thanks for the report Charles! Looks like I’ll be pulling downlake Saturday. Stained water doesn’t phase me, but debris does. Makes boarding really difficult to impossible. Again, thanks man.

James “Captain Fog” Lindler
Team Hardcore
Xpress HB-22
F150 4 Stroke Yammy Jammer
For guide service, search fogmanfisheries on Facebook.

Charles, too bad the striper fishing wasn’t as good as one would like. Not surprising about water conditions with all the rain lately (and more on the way) and these colder snaps haven’t helped either. Water depths are rapidly getting back to normal. A couple weeks of stability and normal or expected weather patterns should make a big difference. Lower lake in my stomping grounds was fine a couple weeks ago.