Fishing reports and posts

We are smack in the middle of fishing season, and reports are SEVERAL days apart mostly, as we can see, soooooo, is this still a viable fishing discussion and reports website #1, or is there FARRRRR more interests in off topics and politics???

Some say fishermen left the site because of critical members, some say the fishing pressure in Charleston has increased exponentially since the site began, so they hesitate to post, still others say fishing overall has suffered enormously from pressures, and legislation, I believe all are applicable, so fishing websites must diversify to exist; thus how CF.COM became so diversified, and should remain so.

Sponsors ONLY care about numbers naturally, so activity is the key to survival of course.

I appreciate your posts Easy. The constant battle with the devils advocate in political did hurt things here but there was more. The fishing police showed up and critized every catch along with the animal rights people. The DNR was paying attention to this page and some arrests did happen over posts. Then if you had a good day you were hounded to find out where what bait what tide on and on. And if anyone gave even a hint about where we would see 20 boats there the next day.

I guess like so many things Fishing became political. The fishermen wanted reasonable limits and sizes and the peta types wanted all fish to die of old age. The fishery council was packed with liberal PEW foundation types that were mostly liberal and the fishers ( careful with pro nouns) were mostly conservatives Even the commercial fishers suffered strict rules. Now there are thousands of miles of closed areas MPA s and the fishermen have smaller areas to fish and guard their positions carefully. Have you seen The market price for grouper -snapper. In the $30s. Thanks to restricted supply. Mix that in with Biden’s fuel prices and as an industry and a recreational prisuit things are getting difficult. Lots of secrets

Here’s another example @snickers this is posted in the “Offshore Reports” forum…

It IS a fishing report, see your reasoning, a report of the condition of offshore fishing in Charleston, OK Offshore discussion would be better, but that kind nit picking is PRECISELY what Nature was talking about, as you know.

You and others being internet police makes for a bad day on the net sometimes, if one lets it get to him or her.

Hopefully, admin is getting PLENTY to help their decisions along today. Not just politics, the WHOLE site is poisoned by bad replies from A FEW self proclaimed superior beings.

These beings have been left to ROAM AND GRAZE here for years, it appears from comments, so may be too late to rectify, you say politics is too late, primarily because of your ego being bruised by shuns, which you have earned, like you did on this thread even.

When a thread or post is inappropriate that is the job of the admin, BUTTTT, of course several took that responsibility from admin, resulting in TOTAL CHAOS ALMOST???

I was looking for replies from fishermen to aid admin, but the usual condemnation came instead.

Please ask your friend who responded about this and his habit on flagging all the time…

Or, how about this one ER… Your buddy above is policing, and you stated policing is ruining the site…

1 Like

Easy. In the community section we are asked to Flag violations. Call it ribbing or what ever one wants a violation is a violation and properly reportable

Calling someone a troll is an insult and against community guidelines…

While I’m upgrading the electronics on my bote, I’d say cost is a contributing factor right now. It costs me right at $1000.00 for fuel, bait and ice, to fish offshore,
, one trip.
I still haven’t pulled the trigger on the Garmin 943xsv, I’ve had my eye on. Any advice or opinions would be appreciated!!

Yes. Fuel price is limiting fishing. But it’s not a tax from Putin. The quality of electronics needed would depend on what kind of fishing you do. If you mostly troll the importance goes down. But if you bottom fish - especially in 300’ or more or hunt for swords the quality of your electronics is critical

1 Like

I’ve spoken with Gill Travis (semperfifishimg.com) several times, and he says for the money, versatility, and easy use, it’s hard to beat the 943xsv. There are several options on transducers, including thru hulls, that offer a variety of choices for any type of fishing. I can also add GXM satellite radar, and Garmin dome radar, very easily.
My biggest concern is seeing the troubles some folks are having with their Garmin units not updating properly, or not communicating with the Navionics software at all?

I have used Garmin electronics for many years. They used to nail us into purchasing the latest and greatest chip Not so much any more. Their products are accurate I never liked thru hull transducers

Thanks for your input!

here’s a report.

I never had any difficulty connecting everything together. It could be a nema wire or connector issue