Fishing sat

Maybe he was the only one with that verado power.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

Fountain with v-rods? Maybe the added weight of the gold chain that comes free with purchase of fountains, donzi’s, and/or scarabs kept the boat extra steady :smiley::stuck_out_tongue:

quote:
Originally posted by millacd
quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

Fountain with v-rods? Maybe the added weight of the gold chain that comes free with purchase of fountains, donzi’s, and/or scarabs kept the boat extra steady :smiley::stuck_out_tongue:

I think we’ve figured it out.

Reggie is watching you:

This old dog stayed on the porch. I’ve been caught in bad weather and never want to do that again. Chad will too if he goes fishing enough…and survives it.

A 32 Fountain would be the boat to be in in 3-4’s. The only problem is standing up in it when you start trolling.

Running out of here is a crap shoot without any indicators of wind speed off shore. The loss of data from the Navy Towers makes deciding to go fishing 70+ miles offshore a coin flip. You can’t determine which way the H/L pressure system is moving without the data. You now have pictures of sea conditions…if it’s covered in water you don’t go??? The only two buoys we have are Edisto and Greys Reef…and the Hatteras. Not much to go on with a forecast of 3-4s.

Apparently the gold chain works well for sea conditions. If I could figure out how to post pics on here I would but. Hey…the SWB and GTH area of the ocean was nice and pretty for me.

Fountain 32CC with that Verado power

After thinking about this some more, it makes sense. Chad is one of those motocross guys that is used to hitting a mound of dirt and being launched 40 feet up into the air and landing on hard ground, so being launched only 8 feet in the air on a Fountain boat probably does seem very calm in comparison. :smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy

This old dog stayed on the porch. I’ve been caught in bad weather and never want to do that again. Chad will too if he goes fishing enough…and survives it.

A 32 Fountain would be the boat to be in in 3-4’s. The only problem is standing up in it when you start trolling.

Running out of here is a crap shoot without any indicators of wind speed off shore. The loss of data from the Navy Towers makes deciding to go fishing 70+ miles offshore a coin flip. You can’t determine which way the H/L pressure system is moving without the data. You now have pictures of sea conditions…if it’s covered in water you don’t go??? The only two buoys we have are Edisto and Greys Reef…and the Hatteras. Not much to go on with a forecast of 3-4s.

One trick you might want to check out is some aviation weather sites. Way more info on H an L systems and what not vs a buoy. Then again this is prob only something those who fly know about.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

After thinking about this some more, it makes sense. Chad is one of those motocross guys that is used to hitting a mound of dirt and being launched 40 feet up into the air and landing on hard ground, so being launched only 8 feet in the air on a Fountain boat probably does seem very calm in comparison. :smiley:

nah man…I never did well at motocross. Road racing was more my thing. Nice and flat. Kinda like the ocean we fished on Sat

Look at how ruff it is out there.

If this isn’t a nice calm day fishing. Then you must fish the tail race and not the Atlantic.

Looks pretty nice!

Thank you…I thought so.

quote:
Originally posted by Chad

Thank you…I thought so.

Was that Saturday? Where?
Everywhere we went, the weeds were scattered and splattered.

2014 Key West 203DFS
1987 Landau

quote:
Originally posted by bonecrusher
quote:

Thank you…I thought so.

Was that Saturday? Where?
Everywhere we went, the weeds were scattered and splattered.

2014 Key West 203DFS
1987 Landau

I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you…LOL Just kidding. Yes this was Saturday during the Dolphin slam. We fished in the area of the SWB. Several very nice weed lines that went on for 5 or 6 miles.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy

One trick you might want to check out is some aviation weather sites. Way more info on H an L systems and what not vs a buoy. Then again this is prob only something those who fly know about.

Bonzo say I'm fly...that count? Got any sites that you don't have to log into with a license number that show H/L systems/wind speed?

I’m glad you had a good day. I don’t wish bad weather/misfortune on anyone. You do it long enough, you’ll see.

http://aviationweather.gov

I have seen it rough at edisto and calm at the swb gth area…and i have seen it the other way too…

Glad you got out and caught some fish…

SAFMC you suck!