Fishing sat

Anybody fishing Saturday

Out of Edisto

My group is itching to go Sat. Just need more cooperation from Mother Nature.

2014 Key West 203DFS
1987 Landau

What size boat

Thinking about it, but I’m with bonecrusher. I need Mother Nature to act a little better.

My crews rolling out

Fountain 32CC with that Verado power

We’ve decided to make the run. Will check the bouy early Sat and make a final call but as of now, we’re rollin.

2014 Key West 203DFS
1987 Landau

We’re rolling out, but not for the tournament.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

We plan on fishing out of Edisto Saturday

Just looked at bouy,i would need a bigger boat with the numbers i see…

Good luck to all who went or tried…

SAFMC you suck!

Some people went today. Not us. Reports of loose teeth and sore backs coming from the fleet soon!

If I could figure out how to post pics I got some really nice pics of the calm sea. Our ride in was between 45 and 50mph. You guys that didn’t go missed one hell of a nice day.

quote:
Originally posted by Chad

If I could figure out how to post pics I got some really nice pics of the calm sea. Our ride in was between 45 and 50mph. You guys that didn’t go missed one hell of a nice day.

It was definitely rough going out. We were in a 30 ft and we’re getting bounced around pretty good including one rogue wave that forced us to stop the boat for a second. Laid down for us around noon. Ride in was much better.

2014 Key West 203DFS
1987 Landau

It was stacked short and steep early and peaked around daylight. I don’t blame those who turned around or called it off… We stopped several times to asses and make a decision to keep pushing or not. Ocean laid down a little around noon and more as you worked towards shore in the afternoon. Good fishing but out backs paid the price.

It was a pretty salty morning…I felt like a aviator on Saturday instead of a mariner. Darn 30ft boat transformed into a 737 but glad everyone made it back safe.

R200 Y150

quote:
Originally posted by Chad

Sarcasm or first time fishing in Charleston?

From his report, it did not sound like sarcasm. Only way to know is to go

quote:
Originally posted by millacd

From his report, it did not sound like sarcasm. Only way to know is to go

I think he is the only one in Charleston that reported Saturday as a "calm sea".

I wouldn’t know how offshore was that day, because i was enjoying the breeze at the boat show… but it sounded like chad went more north that most folks. If i recall, the wind was SE that day, and his course would have put him on a more favorable quartering sea vs going to edisto banks which likely would have been snotty pounding straight into the weather. Perhaps it wasnt that bad going that direction? Sometimes you gotta fish where the wind tells you to

quote:
Originally posted by millacd

I wouldn’t know how offshore was that day, because i was enjoying the breeze at the boat show… but it sounded like chad went more north that most folks. If i recall, the wind was SE that day, and his course would have put him on a more favorable quartering sea vs going to edisto banks which likely would have been snotty pounding straight into the weather. Perhaps it wasnt that bad going that direction? Sometimes you gotta fish where the wind tells you to

Quartering into 3-4 @ 5 seconds means you might have found a good ride, but that doesn't make it a "calm sea".