Fishing with 23Sailfish

My oldest son and I had the honor of fishing with 23Sailfish yesterday. He has been trying for some time to get us together and the planets finally all lined up. This was our (me and my son) first time ever on the Stono and what a beautiful river. The weather Gods did not play nice as we got chased off the river twice. It was not the most productive day of catching (1 dink trout, 1 stingray, 1 under slot red and 1 keeper red) but, it was an excellent day spent with my son and a friend and the first time I’ve fished SC waters in over 2 years. We also had the pleasure of meeting Ricky’s better half as well as his cute little pup. Man, he hit a home run (with the wife). What a wonderful and classy woman. It was a day I needed more than I knew and I can’t thank Ricky and his wife enough for their hospitality.

As far as fishing specifics (since this is supposed to be a report), crab sitting on the bottom seemed to get the most attention. Thanks Ricky for having us aboard!

3 Likes

AGREED on 23Sails, CLASS ACT totally, haven’t met wife and dog yet, certain they are class too, as you reported.

Your report seems right for mid July, reds and trout, like many fish, don’t like the heat any more than humans, so they get dormant same as winter IMO?

Hope you frequent Charleston more often D, great place to visit and live IMO.

I had a great time Doug. You and Conner are always welcome! Seriously, next time you have some free time, we’ll try it again. I went back to that same general area last night and there were reds busting bait on the low tide, but just beyond my reach. Fun to watch though! I think its also challenging right now due to the abundance of bait. There are so many mullet and shrimp around, its crazy.

1 Like

Well we both had a good time and will definitely do it again Ricky! Nice shot of Bonzo, maybe that will lure him out into the open?