Fishing Without a Boat

I have to be in Charleston for a week for work. I am only working nights so I have a lot of time to kill during the day. Thought about bringing the boat down but am not driving my personal vehicle so that is out. I am looking for any info that anyone is willing to provide regarding anyplace to fish from shore, bridges or piers. I am not asking for top secret spots or anything like that but, if anyone is willing to share any decent spots that one can fish from without a boat I would really appreciate it. I usually look forward to coming down but will have so much down time that I am trying to find some daytime activities to kill some time.

Any help will be appreciated.

PS: Tries a search but could not get it to work.

Thanks

This post took me back about 35 years. Is it still possible to walk to the old coal chute? If someone posts that is is, dfreedon, call me and I’ll tell you how to get there and another place. Actually, any bridge you can get under can be good around the low tide.

Bob Sanders
FishingWithBob
Edisto Inshore Charters
Big Fork Farms LLC
Real Estate Sales
803-300-2780
803-259-1374
www.fishingwithbob.com
www.southcarolinalandonline.com

Aaron Martins has made a BASS tournament career fishing bridges.

Bob Sanders
FishingWithBob
Edisto Inshore Charters
Big Fork Farms LLC
Real Estate Sales
803-300-2780
803-259-1374
www.fishingwithbob.com
www.southcarolinalandonline.com

The old pitt st bridge in Mt Pleasant, the new fishing pier at the Mt pleasant park, The ponds off of lockwood blvd downtown, the beach at breach inlet, the beach at 10th street on Sullivans Island, folly pier…and so on.:smiley:

Great, thank you.

the rock groins at breach inlet & south tip of sullivans hold fish. fish on the rocks. youll lose tackle and catch fish

The “Surf/Pier” thread has plenty of good information about fishing locally without a boat.

Can you fish at Brittlebank Park? Redfish cruise that bank. Also JI County Park has a fishin’ dock. And you can catch fish along the rocky groins at Folly, too (or probably any of the beaches).

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
Strickland Marine Insurance, Inc.
843-795-1000 / 800-446-1862

You ca fish at Brittlebank.

go down to fort johnson on the rocks and cast jigs out or if you have live bait you can cast that out on the bottom.

There’s a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
-Stephen Wright

You can fish the dock at Bowen’s Island as well. Also, I’ve caught a few fish near the bridge in Edgewater Park in West Ashley. Its at the end of Wappoo road. There are a bunch of oyster beds about 25 yards from the bank and a few good places to park.