Flies

Anyone up for sharing what flies they’ve been using this Spring? I need something new to tie, also just looking for creative inspiration. I’ve got this little guy that’s been great with trout but I’m more curious for shallow reds.

Do you specifically target trout? Or do they just take that pattern more often?

I tied that specifically with trout in mind. Its ugly as hell and made up of random materials I’d gotten from a friend who stopped tying - I wasn’t going for looks obviously. I figured the four bead chain eyes could act as a tiny rattle. At that spot I specifically target trout.

Those look good to me. I haven’t been fishing yet this year. Got a new job & been away. I’m in Denver now and am looking forward to some fishing when I get back to SC. As far a something new to tie, IMO patterns really aren’t all that important. I would use those same flies you’ve tied for Reds, or even bass. Might change the colors around some, maybe add some rubber legs, but am sure they would all work.

I’ve posted some flies I’ve tied in past threads so take a look & see if there’s any that interest you. Being away, I don’t have access to the fly pics on my home computer, so nothing new to show.

I love tying & experimenting, but that’s more about me than what the fish care about. I’ve yet to find a fly that won’t work, some times or some places.

I’ve been keeping it pretty basic and throwing an all chartreuse clouser minnow. I make them really flashy so they work in a variety of conditions. Works great on redfish and spotted trout. PM me and i’ll be happy to give you a list of the materials.

Those will be excellent flies for spanish and ladyfish.

oc

Redfish will eat almost anything if presented correctly.

A long long slow walk in the spartina gives you time to think big thoughts and put your mind back into order.

• Flatscaster

I’m a slider kind of guy.

2015 201 Bay Scout
150 Yamaha