Float like a butterfly, sting like a

was thinking about the greatest boxer to ever live, while doing some clean-up around the hives this weekend.

I’m a king bee baby, buzzin round yo hive

“Those who have the ability to make a difference have the responsibility to do so.” Thomas Jefferson

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

was thinking about the greatest boxer to ever live, while doing some clean-up around the hives this weekend.

Taking the bee vector…

Kept bees up until Hugo made a huge mess of them. Still have the supers, frames, hot knife and such and periodically think about getting back into it. How much work do you have to do to keep the hive healthy? Do you re-queen periodically? What else is necessary to keep a hive going these days?

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

Palmer, really more luck than anything with keeping them healthy, a lot like people, some are healthy, some not so much. Of course the neighbors spraying everything that crawls or flies can be fatal,cant stop that,I’ve been lucky.Re-queen will take place when the hive swarms, or if you get an aggressive hive , a different queen may be less aggressive and you can purchase them.

That’s something I’ve been interested in getting into for a while and haven’t yet. Got a lot to learn.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I like the “Dead” sticker.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069